Starting Jillian Michaels -- Would love some support!

Options
Hi everyone!

Today I started day 1 of Ripped in 30, and boy was it hard! (I didn't expect it to be easy, but dang!) I thought I was going to die by the time it was over and I thought, "THAT was only 20 minutes? Jesus..." Of course, people here on MFP rave about Jillian's DVDs and have gotten some awesome results. I wanted to change up my routine (which was just cardio at the gym) and get some new things going to try and lose weight and tone up.

I plan on doing a slightly modified version of RI30, since I have a gym membership and enjoy getting simple cardio in during the week too. Some days I don't feel like going to the gym, and those are the days I will do RI30. I hope to do RI30 about 3-4 times a week and get the gym in the other 2-3, giving myself a one day break. So I guess instead of "Ripped in 30" it'll be "Ripped in 60" or something. But I figure as long as I'm being active, eating healthy, and exercising most of the week, it shouldn't matter how many days I do her routine, as long as I do it consistently.

Anyway, after today's first test, I'm hoping that some of you who have done any of Jillian's DVDs can help me through this! How did you get yourself through the first week, which I'm assuming is hard based on the fact that it's completely new! This is my first "30 day" anything, and I know I'll be feeling totally accomplished if I can get through the whole tape. Right now I'm already feeling really sore and wondering how I'm even going to function tomorrow!

Has anyone done the Jillian Michaels DVDs in this way (mixing them with other exercises, not doing them every day, maybe doing week 1, 2, or 3 for longer, etc)?

At any rate, any support, thoughts, tips, experience, or just conversation would be great! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have been doing JM workouts since January this year, having chucked the gym membership in favour of working out at home. I do the 30 Day Shred, the Ripped in 30, 6 pack in 6 weeks, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat & Boost Metabolism and the Yoga one too. I pick whatever one I feel like 6 days a week and do it.

I have lost weight and toned up better than I did at the gym. My partner has even commented that I am looking 'ripped' these days.

Yesterday I decided that since it is 6 weeks until Christmas I would do her 6 pack in 6 weeks work out.

The thing to remember during the first week is that the only way to fix the sore is to do it again! It will warm up and stretch the muscles out some more. :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done rin30 twice, and 30ds 3 times! love her programs!
  • Cristlefir
    Cristlefir Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The thing to remember during the first week is that the only way to fix the sore is to do it again! It will warm up and stretch the muscles out some more. :)

It's so funny that you say that because today I've been pretty sore, but not "omg I wanna die sore," and I can't wait to do the second routine today! Day 2 here I come!
  • amynoelhall1
    amynoelhall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How's it going, Cristie?
    I am on week 3 of RI30, and it's really tough! Some of the moves, I have no choice but to modify. I am definitely getting stronger, though. The first week I lost 3 lbs, but Thanksgiving screwed me up last week. D'oh!
    Several years ago, I did 30DS along with jogging to prep for my wedding. I was in the best shape of my life. Now, after having had a baby, I'm hoping that RI30 will help me get back there again. I have 10 lbs to lose and LOTS of toning to do. :-)