Still don't understand TDEE - 20%

Options
Sorry but I am still confused by TDEE. I recently calculated my TDEE -20% = the calorie range I should consume daily to loss weight. But i have 2 problems.

Mentally I miss the satisfaction of logging my DAILY work outs. Sometimes I work out 2x a day. Jillian Body Revolution in the AM, Cardio in the PM. But by using TDEE, I understand that I am not supposed to log my work outs/calories burned right? Did anyone else struggle with this?

Also how is it possible that I'm expected to consume the same amount of calories on the days that I don't work out?

I feel like I'm missing something.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I still log my workouts - I enter them as .1 calorie, and since MFP doesn't do decimals, it logs as 0 cals burned. I do track the cals, because like you - I want to see my work! :bigsmile: I post he number either in the title of the workout and/or in the note box at the bottom of the exercise log, particularly if I do several different exercises so I can total them all. And by logging the workout and the time, I still have a record of how many minutes I'm working out each week and what exercises I've been doing.

TDEE method has been my best move in this whole process - I've steadily lost fat and inches, and it really simplified things for me.