Starting Virgin Diet ... Again!!

Options
Hey Everybody!!!!I've been doing Virgin Diet since Feb and I've lost over 80 lbs. I fell off in June, I'm up 20 lbs and blah!! It's so hard to get back up and every single time I get to my adult low weight, I self sabotage!!! Why?! Does anyone else have that problem? I would love some motivation and advice. Is anyone else doing Virgin?

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I did a quick google and saw that the diet is designed to elimate these 7 foods?
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

It seems awfully restrictive. Do you have intolerances to these foods? Is this a program you would find sustainable? If not, why not try it the MFP way? Just eat at a calorie deficit, meet your macro/micro and fiber goals and eat all the foods you enjoy everyday? I've lost 123lbs in 15 months, eating all seven of those foods, plus ice cream pizza, etc, in moderation.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • AlaskaSusan
    AlaskaSusan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello and I have had much the same experience as you, I'd get to a certain point after months of work (hard work) and just when it started being noticed I was losing, bam I'd wreck it all. I do believe, at least for me, that I figured it out after too many times to dwell on! For me it was being noticed when I was so used to being background furniture. Kind of handy but not really there, you know. Being in the spotlight, so to speak, kind of threw me. As well, I had a hard time believing I could ever look acceptable (not going for gorgeous, just acceptable) and now I realize I look pretty good, and better now the weight is coming off. There were a couple of issues too but I think just realizing what was happening, being ready for it (and I've lost a lot this past 9 months), and charging on thru has helped to overcome my own traps. I'm in new territory now and every day, while kind of scary for a timid soul like me, is just another opportunity!
    Good luck and many blessings!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    [Insert word here] Diets never work. They are usually just random mishmash made up crap that someone markets to make a buck. The way to lose weight is through a calorie deficit. That's all. Eat what you want, eat less than you burn, enjoy life.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I did a quick google and saw that the diet is designed to elimate these 7 foods?
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

It seems awfully restrictive. Do you have intolerances to these foods? Is this a program you would find sustainable? If not, why not try it the MFP way? Just eat at a calorie deficit, meet your macro/micro and fiber goals and eat all the foods you enjoy everyday? I've lost 123lbs in 15 months, eating all seven of those foods, plus ice cream pizza, etc, in moderation.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I will eat a slice of peanut butter and corn pizza made with soybean oil just to make sure I get all 7 of those in one meal.

Seriously, OP. Restrictive diets are the reason you gain the weight back - when you go back to eating food that actually tastes good, you gain weight.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Delicious virgins....yum.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

I will eat a slice of peanut butter and corn pizza made with soybean oil just to make sure I get all 7 of those in one meal.

Seriously, OP. Restrictive diets are the reason you gain the weight back - when you go back to eating food that actually tastes good, you gain weight.
    Pictures or it didn't happen. :wink:
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I saw this on PBS (Pledge Drive Programming took away my 'Lidia's Italy' ... BOO!)... It's basically an elimination diet, to see if you have food sensitivities/intolerances ... You are supposed to eat this way for 3 weeks then gradually add things back one by one to see if they are causing any issues ... From watching her presentation, I just gathered that she was a proponent of the Paleo Diet ...
  • jonnythan
    Options
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

I did have a slice of peanut butter and bacon pizza back in September. It had peanut butter for sauce. It was kind of unbelievable.

No corn, but I can pretend it was baked on corn and soybean oil after being brushed with egg....
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... Where does the virgin come in? Sacrificed to the gods before beginning the diet to ensure their blessing on your diet so you lose more weight?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

I did have a slice of peanut butter and bacon pizza back in September. It had peanut butter for sauce. It was kind of unbelievable.

No corn, but I can pretend it was baked on corn and soybean oil after being brushed with egg....
    Yeah, hmm, pretty close. If it were me, I'd do a grilled peanut butter and bacon sandwich on cornbread, dipped in an egg wash and sprinkled with icing sugar, ala French toast/MonteCristo style.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

Yeah, hmm, pretty close. If it were me, I'd do a grilled peanut butter and bacon sandwich on cornbread, dipped in an egg wash and sprinkled with icing sugar, ala French toast/MonteCristo style.

You're a truly evil person............................ and I think I love you! :love:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I'm confused... Where does the virgin come in? Sacrificed to the gods before beginning the diet to ensure their blessing on your diet so you lose more weight?

I only eat virgins.
  • StepAwayFromTheCupcake
    Options
    Anything virgin doesn't sound like much fun to me :ohwell:
  • DasWeepha
    Options
    Youse guys!! Haha! Anyway it's called Virgin because the book was written by JJ Virgin. It's an elimination diet. It's only restrictive if you are intolerant or sensitive to something. I really didn't know how sensitive I was until I tried it. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. It's unbelievable how fast I lost weight. I was feeling amazing. Day one has gone pretty awesome. Hope your day's goin awesome too.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Oh. My. God.

I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow! Now, where's my currant preserves?!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!!!!I've been doing Virgin Diet since Feb and I've lost over 80 lbs. I fell off in June, I'm up 20 lbs and blah!! It's so hard to get back up and every single time I get to my adult low weight, I self sabotage!!! Why?! Does anyone else have that problem? I would love some motivation and advice. Is anyone else doing Virgin?

So you lost 60lbs, you crash dieters need to start taking into account the weight gained right after stopping the diet!
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    1.Gluten
    2.Soy
    3.Dairy
    4.Eggs
    5.Corn
    6.Peanuts
    7.Sugar

THAT IS SO FUNNY! HAHAHAHAHAHA :))
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Cherries, cherries everywhere!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Youse guys!! Haha! Anyway it's called Virgin because the book was written by JJ Virgin. It's an elimination diet. It's only restrictive if you are intolerant or sensitive to something. I really didn't know how sensitive I was until I tried it. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. It's unbelievable how fast I lost weight. I was feeling amazing. Day one has gone pretty awesome. Hope your day's goin awesome too.

but you said your self in the OP, that you cant stick to it long term... so whats the point!?
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Delicious virgins....yum.

Just be sure to stick with the non-fat varieties as I've heard that all the extra gristle on full fat virgins can lead to congestive heart failure.