Why do I smell more now

Options
So as embarrassing as it is, I stink, a lot. Like I take a shower and 15 to 20 min late, not sweating at all, my arm pits smell again. Its not like across the room smell, I have to lift my a up and smell, but it just happens so fast. I don't get it. I never used to smell this bad. And I didn't start really smelling until I got stuck after losing 12lbs, I didn't lose anything for a week. Any hints as to why I stink all of a sudden and if it had any correlation to my small plateau.
Thanks

Replies

• DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if whatever food you ate that caused you to plateau also had an effect on your glands? The link 9thChakra posted lists some foods that can make us more stinky, but also possibly sudden lack of exercise or not enough water isn't cleaning them out as much as they're used to now?

There's also the possibility that you were always a little smelly under there (I can say that confidently as someone who REEKS if I don't wear three types of deodorant every day - love my genetics) and are only now noticing it because your olfactory senses are becoming more sensitive with your improved diet.

:)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    are you eating more garlic or onions? How long have you been using your deodorant? Is it time for a new brand or the clinical strength.

If all else fails eat some parsley or mint. Fenugreek too if you don't mind a maple syrup smell.

Worse comes to worse ask the doctor to check for infections.
  • craziwrld
    craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We always eat a lot of onions and garlic and it has never happened because of that. Even before my kids when I had a healthy weight my body odor always had a slightly sweet smell to it and I rarely had to even wear deodorant. As I gained wit I noticed it got a little smellier, but nothing deodorant wouldn't take care of. I guess I will look into changing deodorant and see if that helps.

I also forgot to add that when I hit my plateau I was losing inches, or an inch, not sure cuz I never took my measurements before starting. But by the end of that week all my shirts that used to be skin tight are now have extra room in them, where it actually slightly bunches on your stomach and back since your fat isn't holding it in place anymore. And my wedding ring is significantly looser. It used to be almost digging into my finger, now it will twirl all the way around on is own if I don't pay attention.
  • craziwrld
    craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think it may have been a low carb thing. I want trying to eat low carb, but I know compared to the other weeks of losing weight thatit was a lot lower then usual.