how much should i lose? :) new to mfp!

Options
Hi guys! Im Sam and im new to mfp! currently i am 5'1" (short ik ahh!) haha and 98 lbs :( how much do you think i should i lose to look my best? thanks :)

Replies

• Abowles27
    Abowles27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to lose any weight. You're like at the lowest point for healthy weight. Any more weight, you'd likely be underweight. My goal is like between 105-110 only because I'm a cross country runner and that seems kind of low. Normally, I would be slightly higher.
  • nicolehuman89
    Options
    You should stay in the healthy range for your height! Mine is between 120 and 150 but I am taller than you! just do your research on a healthy weight for your height!
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    just how old are you?
  • Abowles27
    Abowles27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I was 5'3.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    At 98 lbs and 5 ft 1 in you are already at a BMI of 18.5 .. right at the very bottom of the normal range. Anything less than that ..and you are in the underweight category and you don't really want that, normal is much better.

So as people have said already ... you don't need to lose any weight.

I would recommend that you do some toning if you are not happy with how your body looks. You sure don't need to lose any weight.
  • sambalinaballerina
    Options
    23 how about you?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider doing some body recompsition work instead of dropping more weight. A serious strength training routine can do wonders to how your body looks without making you "bulky."
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    At 98 lbs and 5 ft 1 in you are already at a BMI of 18.5 .. right at the very bottom of the normal range. Anything less than that ..and you are in the underweight category and you don't really want that, normal is much better.

So as people have said already ... you don't need to lose any weight.

I would recommend that you do some toning if you are not happy with how your body looks. You sure don't need to lose any weight.

Nuff said! Lose anymore weight and you'll look really good... for Halloween. I'm sure you look great now :) just do toning and dont freak out if you gain weight when you start working out, it's just sexy muscles :flowerforyou:
  • sambalinaballerina
    Options
    okay thanks! sounds good! sexy muscle it is :wink:
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    okay thanks! sounds good! sexy muscle it is :wink:

Good plan. Sorry for being straight forward but sometimes that is the only way to get things across.

Good luck in achieving your fitness goals.
  • sambalinaballerina
    Options
    oh no problem at all! your advice was very helpful :) good luck to you too!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Eat at a slight (500 calorie or so) SURPLUS with heavy concentration of protein. Lift heavy weights.. I recommend going to a gym and letting the staff put together a good plan for your goals. When you start feeling uncomfortable with your weight, eat at a deficit until you lean down to reveal the muscle gains you have made... Repeat as needed ...
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    23 how about you?

Weren't you15 or 16 the other day?
  • sambalinaballerina
    Options
    my sister was using my account :grumble: but i told her not to so no worries. if she comes on again let me know!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    23 how about you?

Weren't you15 or 16 the other day?

pretty sure it was fourteen