Need serious help on weight loss.

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why are you eating breakfast foods at night and dinner foods in the morning.? Just curious. I'm a little OCD and thought I would ask. I don't eat breakfast foods ever during the dinner time. Secondly as you build your muscle will retain water to repair it so that could be your problem. If your rest days are on the weekends. You aren't exercising so your muscles repair and you drop water weight so you end up loosing. I have that issue going on right now. According to the scale I actually gained three pounds but I can barely move right now from weight training. Just a thought though maybe you aren't eating the right food at the right time of the day. Breakfast should be packed with metabolism booster foods. Fruits and veggies/fiber and should be the highest calorie meal you eat that day. Your dinner should be the lowest calorie meal. Also try gluten free and get rid of the wheat products it can cause all kinds of issues including asthma and bloating. It causes both for me. You can use flaxseed for the fiber and it's actually a lot healthier than wheat. We seem to have this kind of stuff backwards here in America. We also tend to add more gluten to products to make it lighter and fluffier. We like lighter and fluffier here in America. I cut it out and lost 5 lbs in a week. It's slowed down now but so has the weight gain I was fighting. I am actually starting to loose now.

There are no foods that boost your metabolism. There are some that increase your TEF, but you will only burn an extra 5-10 calories. Second, the timing of your meals or the types of meals will not affect weight loss by any means. Meal timing and meal frequency do nothing for weight loss. It's about the overall consumption of calories. The only time you will benefit from cutting gluten or wheat is if you an allergy or an intolerance. Outside of that, it does nothing. Also, typically, many of us eat our highest calorie meal at the end of the day. Again, it doesn't matter if you eat 1 meal or 10 meals of various calories, in the end, it's all about total caloric consumption.

Is it as simple as calorie in - calorie out?

Also, I've read that our bodies could go into "Starvation mode" if we eat less than what is required - which most others claim it's fiction...

For 90% of us, it's about calories in vs out... those with medical conditions are the variables.

Also, starvation mode really means metabolic adaptation. It takes 72 hours of no calories to even have an effect on your metabolism. The bigger issue is eating too few calories (especially protein) will increase the amount of muscle you lost. More muscle loss increase the chances of lowering your metabolic rate, making your body weaker and more. You will also see greater results with a less aggressive goal and a concentration on adequate protein and resistance training.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Is it as simple as calorie in - calorie out?

Yes.
    Also, I've read that our bodies could go into "Starvation mode" if we eat less than what is required

:explode: