New Mommy Weight Loss

briprzy
briprzy Posts: 10 Member
Hey everyone! I have used this site before with great success, but I'm really struggling this time around. I had a baby 8 months ago and body is so different now, I'm really having to relearn what will work and find time to workout around mommy duties.I could really use some supportive friends going through the same thing! My weight loss goal is 50-60 pounds. Add me, I plan to be very active on MFP and post plenty of statuses and comments :)

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    I just had my second in May. Congratz and welcome back :) If you're breastfeeding make sure you're getting enough food to help keep your supply up!
  • Hi I had my fourth in March and have just stopped breast feeding. Add me and we can support each other!!!
  • dayner13
    dayner13 Posts: 42 Member
    hi there.....i had my daughter 14 months ago, but didn't join MFP until march of this year...... for me....exercise was and is crucial. i made it a point to exercise during her morning nap for at lleast 30-45 minutes.....and on the rare occasion and hour. :) that was my time and she usually would sleep just long enough for me to get a workout in and shower.

as of today i have lost 60.4 pounds with and without MFP. most;y with though. :)

it's doable......losing weight has been really hard for me because i LOVE to eat....and i am a snacker too....so that is hard. i am nearing my first goal and it is getting a little harder, but i hope to be successful and reach that goal.

good luck to you and hopefully my suggestion of using her nap times to workout will help. it also helps me to get dressed in workout clothes as soon as i wake up.....
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congrats Mommy!!!!!!!

Mine are now 6 and 4, time flies.
    I agree, find a workout you love that fits with nap time. Watch the snacking because you don't have time to eat while doing everything mommy. Its amazing how many little things we grab that add up.

Feel free to add me, I'd love to help.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Well, it's been awhile since I had this problem. My kids are now grown, but I used to just run in place everyday for about 20 minutes and when I went back to work in 6 weeks I was back to pre-pregnancy weight. Good luck to ya!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 476 Member
    Congrats on your new little one. My little guy is 5 1/2 months, I also have a 5yr old and a 2yr old. I've used Mfp to lose weight after both of my other babies so it's a road I've been down before lol. This little one is finally getting bigger to the point I have a teeny bit more free time to make sure I'm eating healthy and getting exercise when I can. Feel free to add me if you would like :)