How often to you weigh in and record weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• mikeykhan2003
    Options
    I weigh several times a day, but I only record losses. It's fairly useful for me to see the impact of my weekends so I can know exactly how something is going to affect my weight loss; that way I can know for sure what is worth it.

I generally use the beginning of the work week to try and drop water weight ( I don't monitor sodium at all during the weekend), so generally Thursday and Friday are my official record days.
  • Annabella116
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday but sometimes the flucuations bothered me. I now make it a point to weigh once a week so I can actually see a change in my weight and not get obsessed. I see my scale sitting there and still get tempted to jump on but its working out better for me at once a week. : )
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Every month or so. I rely on the mirror and how I feel more than anything.

It's just a number on the scale and is pretty much meaningless to me.
    I don't own a scale anymore :indifferent:
  • ddebruhl
    ddebruhl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I record at the end of each week.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh pretty much every day - I only log on Friday - up or down, no matter what it says I log it Friday morning.
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. I enjoy keeping track of my normal fluctuations and seeing them does it bother me. As long as my trend is downward then I'm happy.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys. I now am sure that I should be recording my weight everyday to encourage me, because of observed patterns. I was in the habit of recording my weight only after a had sustained a loss for a few days, but it is very discouraging. I love that weightgrapher.com! Gonna try that for sure. Thanks!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself oh about twice a week before breakfast. Unfortunately I never took measurements or before pics so the scale & my jeans are my only method of tracking
  • SkiMummy
    SkiMummy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just once a week here. I am trying to notice improvements, rather than get too hung up on a number on the scales.
  • kayla_0209
    kayla_0209 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday morning. This helps me be mindful not to go crazy over the weekend!
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning, but I don't let fluctuations bother me. My sister is a personal trainer and told me about water weight and different food doing different things to your body. I only record my weight once a week. My sister even suggests every two weeks. If I do really well all week, and eat extra calories on the night before I weigh in, the scale will most likely show extra ounces or even pounds. But weighing in regularly keeps me on track and lets me know what foods work and do not work for weight loss.
    ^This.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher but I only compare today's weight with that of the same day last week. Then I get a better picture of what's going on. The National Weight Loss Registery says 83% of those who have kept the weight off for at least 5 years are daily weighers.

I plan to do this. Even if I someday reach my end goal and enter maintenance and even stop logging (MAYBE)...I'll still weigh every day or at least several times a week.

My boss is in her 50s and has always maintained what I'd call a very average, nice weight and wears about a size 10 or 12. She doesn't diet but she weighs herself every AM and reins herself in when she has gained a pound or two. I'd like to be like that one day.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only record when there's a drop, or a gain that lasts more than a day or two. I know that weight fluctuates ± a few pounds from day to day, so I don't clutter my graph with all those meaningless fluctuations. I know that my current weight is really the midpoint of a range, rather than a single value that I weigh at all times of the day, every day. Too much mass coming and going for that to be the case. :bigsmile:
  • kayjane92
    Options
    Every Friday, I'll be weighing myself.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    July, and this year I'm late. ;)

But I am comfortably in extra slim work shirts so who gives a monkey's what the number is?