Personal trainers: bfat % vs weight loose

Options
Hello,

I am 5'7 and weight 180. Have only been able to loose about a pound per week using this app (even when having it set to loose 2lbs per week) My body fat percentage is 24%. I would like my body to look more like that of 15% fat percentage within a year or so. At the same time I would like to be 155lbs or less by then. I have been doing about 35 minutes per day of weights and 45min of cardio. My alternatives:

A) First just worry about the weight and not the muscles and start worrying about muscle building after I get to a certain weight?
B) Allocating my gym workout differently. If I am spending about 75 minutes at gym per day 5 or 6 per week what would you suggest I do at gym?

More info: I do a spinning class once a week and loose about 650 calories doing that. other days I burn about 300 calories on cardio and about 200 calories with weights intervals... (12reps x3)

Thanks

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    My alternatives:
    A) First just worry about the weight and not the muscles and start worrying about muscle building after I get to a certain weight?
    B) Allocating my gym workout differently. If I am spending about 75 minutes at gym per day 5 or 6 per week what would you suggest I do at gym?

On 2 or 3 non-consecutive days, i would follow a full-body strength training program (New Rules of Lifting, for example), and on your non-lifting days, do vigorous cardio, 45-60 minutes.

By the way, it's "lose", not "loose". After you lose the weight, your clothes will fit looser. :wink:
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Do you have a personal Trainer at the Gym where you go? I would highly recomend on to you to reach this specific goal.
  • balguy
    balguy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks, English is not my first language and when things sound too similar to my ears I tend to do that. Like this vs. these ...I appreciate it.