Busty Ladies who Run - Help!!

Options
So I'm TOTALLY good strapping down my 36-DDDs most of the time. Except right now. I start in about 5 days, and today, running was like torture!! :sad:

Any recommendations? Tighter bras? More bras? Ace bandages? Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh I seriously felt like I was doing trampolines topless :noway:

Thanks ladies!!

Replies

• TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I recently invested in a sports bra. I went to specialty shop and got fitted and all that, now a proud owner of a Goddess Sports Bra. LOVE IT!!

I've heard of others just wearing multiple bras, ace bandages would probably work too.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am no where near you but when I did run when I was younger I would wear a regular underwire bra then put a sport bra on top of it. That really helped.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Duct tape....LOL...:bigsmile:
  • aNewKristin
    Options
    I usually wear two sports bra's: one with a bra-style closure, and one that looks like a plain racer-back-style sports bra. Even though the first gives plenty of support, the 2nd helps keep the girls from moving so much.

Or I just wear 1 sports bra and an exercise tank-top with one of those built-in bra's....
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A good quality sports bra
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Right now i run with a regular bra and a sports bra over top of it. Sometimes I wear 2 sports bras on top! 3 bras are crazy but it helps a lot with the back pain that comes with running with a big chest.

I have been looking for a sports bra with a lot of added support for larger chested woman but haven't been able to find one that 1) would actually offer lots of support in my size and 2) didn't cost an arm and a leg. But no such luck :ohwell:
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Duct tape....LOL...:bigsmile:

haha! I totally considered that before too!! :laugh:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    When I first started running I was an F or a G..now down to DD. I went to a specialty store and bought an underwire bra. They are more spendy but totally worth it! Also the ones that criss cross or I guess razorback bras help support me better I feel. I have one that the straps are convertable. Not sure of the brand. I bought one on Amazon that wasn't underwire but still had the razorback and it was really supportive for running as well. I could get you the link if you would like to see it.
  • ang696
    ang696 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a DDD as well and what works best for me is making sure the straps on my bra are tight to hold me up, the n I put a sports bra on over it. There's still some jiggle, but so far its the best thing I've found to keep me in place.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras all the time when I run (or ride horses!!) but it's just this week ... I usually wear Mediums, because they're the only size that will get tight enough on my chest (I have a fairly small rib cage I think, because they're not all that tight below the bust), but every time I've tried "the best" sports bras, even for $70, they won't hold me still when I jump up and down in the dressing room ...

Maybe I'll add a real bra under the sports bras ... I dunno...
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I had that problem until I got a sports bra that was just a tad too small. It's difficult to get on and off (especially after a good workout) but it keeps the girls in close and tight. Don't wear it for too long though.
  • carolynbrooks
    carolynbrooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear regular bra with a sports bra on top so I won't have a uniboob. It gives good support. The best sports bra that I found was "jog bra" from Target. I am DDD.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I also found one with some kind of straps that are supposed to absorb the shocks when you run. something like that. Not exactly sure how it's worded but the straps are a little thicker and more padded.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras as well. One thats pretty tight, and another voer it. My mother who is a runner yells at me tho, and says I need to invest in some "real" sports bras. These, However, run about 40-50 a bra. ugh.
  • Allieballie
    Options
    I just bought a fantastic sports bra and it helped a lot. I went from a G to a DD, so I'm still busty, and need good support. I'd totally recommend investing and getting fitted for a good bra.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, I couldn't find a sports bra that would keep the girls down until I found the Enell sports bra. They are a little pricey, but worth every penny. Here is the website, but I searched locally and found them a little cheaper. They are made for bustier women and it is the bra used by The Biggest Loser, which is how I heard about them. Also, if you find them locally then you can try it on before buying.

http://www.enell.com/
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use Champion underwire racerback bra (Champion Powerback Underwire Sports Bra). They are having a sale right now, they are only $24.99 i think go to www.championusa.com....I love mine so much I wear it all the time for support, most other regular bras don't give me the support that this one does!! I LOVE IT, I'm a 38 DD.
  • zonjiaj
    zonjiaj Posts: 4
    Options
    I don't care so much that I have "uniboob" as long as its stationary "uniboob". :smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra and a size smaller than recommended champion sports bra (tank style). I find that the size recommended allows for too much more boob than my 42DD. Also the racerback is best, no tiny or straight straps, the racerback just offers more strength and support. I buy mine at target or championusa.com

I have heard of some sports bras running into the $60-$70 range, if thats what you are willing to spend I have heard wonderful things.
  • mysi019
    mysi019 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am a dd, and i too wear 2 bras while i am playing softball or running. I wear a normal underwire bra on and then my addias razor back sports bra that is a tad bit to small over it. Its prob not the best thing to do but it works for me. I am not afraid i will get knocked out anymore :smile: