100 lbs to lose - Struggling for support

Options
2»

Replies

• hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I have 80-100 pounds to loose, but like you my first goal is to get under 200 lbs!!
  • kamichel1271
    kamichel1271 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling... you can add me too!! :) 80lbs to loose!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You can do this Once upon a time I was 230lbs. I was tierd sick and well lazy. I started small 10 mins a day. Then I was walking 20, then 30, before long I was running 5ks and half marathons ( not very fast but I was finishing them!) I lost all the way down to 130lbs in a year and a half! Now the cautionary part of the tale don't think short term. I got lazy again I ate far to little and gained back to 185lbs. ( I lost all of that WITHOUT myfp think about what you could do with it!)
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    We all have to start someplace, the important thing is to have a goal and a map to get there. Some of us can run there, some of us can walk there, some of us have to crawl there....but as long as we start moving toward our goals, we are progressing.

Google says it takes 21 days to form a habit. So take it a slice at a time...a day at a time, or an hour at a time if you have to...the important thing is to just keep moving toward the goal even on days you don't feel like it.

Slow movement is better than no movement.
  • johan1585
    johan1585 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :-)
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Keep going, you can do this!! feel free to add me :)
  • angelasfree1
    angelasfree1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    im not a very good friend, i dont really motivate, but i just want to tell you to go for it!!! you can easily be 100 pounds lighter by this time next year!!! the time flies, and once you make it routine, it just happens, and before you know it, your there! your to goal! so go for it, dont delay it like most of us have! i spent over a decade 100 pounds over weight, wasted my entire 20's! every year that went by, i kicked myself in the butt, because i knew i let another year slip by leaving me overweight, unhealthy, low self esteem, and feeling unatractive... just think... this time next year, you minus 100 pounds!!! GO FOR IT!
  • gayle4882
    gayle4882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to offer up my friendship and support!!!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you'd like! I've got some really good healthy recipes I can share and "beginner" workouts that I've been doing that help ALOT!!
  • angelasfree1
    angelasfree1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, I found that very motivating! Well done! :happy:
  • GillSt555
    Options
    Hi Allison, likewise I started out with over 100lbs to lose, but with the support of some lovely MFP friends I am seeing the pounds gradually drop off, a lovely feeling. Still a very long way to go!! I have sent you a friend request and am more than happy to offer any support to get you to goal. Gill
  • preemiemommy2013
    Options
    I'm working towards losing 100 lbs too.. anyone feel free to add me.. I could use the support! =)
  • cathead9
    Options
    My goals are the same! Feel free to friend me......
  • jugajuga27
    Options
    Hi! I also have a lot to lose, and am looking for new friends. I'll add you!
  • cbebme
    Options
    Yes Allie I will join you. I am cbebme. I am a very poor typist and not at all technological I also have less to lose but I heard myelf clearly in your post. I tend to short curcut my success. And yet I have hope. Let's do this.
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'd love to help you along the journey and would love a great support group! I'm in awe of all the AWESOME people that responded and have lost so much weight! I"m on this journey and I believe it's important to take it with others!