Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can the bike machine cause backache?

I suffered a bad muscle and possibly sciatic nerve injury 2 months ago in the butt, hip, and pelvis area. It just wraps around the whole left side of me.

At the suggestion of the doctor, I have been trying the bike very lightly for 30 minutes on most days for the last 3 weeks. The bike is the only type of excerise that doesn't put any strain on my hip (even walking and standing is painfull).

The last week or two, I've devoloped terrible pain in my lower back - particuarlly the left side.
I'm not sure if this is just the next series of interconnecting muscles to tweak or if the bike is perhaps the main cause.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    It's probably stress on your injury due to the bike, depending on how you sit on it. I would probably consult my doc about the pain, i wouldnt want that to develop into something more serious.

Good luck!