Here we go again :)

Options
jsecret
jsecret Posts: 606 Member
So I'm finally ready to be serious about changing my lifestyle for a healthier me. I just have to keep reminding myself this is a life change NOT A DIET!

I'm at 206 the highest I've ever been and it makes me feel so unattractive and just worn down all the time.

Here's my current food schedule, what do you guys think?

* Up at 3:30 am and getting ready for work.
* 4:30 am Equate weight loss shake (180 calories) on the way to work
* 8:30 am morning coffee very little creamer (if any) and sweet and low instead of sugar
* 10:30 am Equate weight loss shake (180 calories)
* 2:30 pm small meal (between 280-320 calories) once I get home
* 6:00 pm supper time (roughly 350 calories or less) and a multivitamin

I'm also working hard to get plenty of water in and I have a job that requires quite a bit of walking/lifting and I also have at home a 19 month old son, 2 horses, a dog, a husband, and a house to keep clean! lol.

Am I on the right track?

Replies

• rstorm
    rstorm Posts: 2
    Options
    I think you may be consuming too little calories. Remember if you eat too little your body will go into starvation mode and actually burn less calories. I would not wait as long between meals. Consider adding a snack with your morning coffee, something with a good bit of protein, and maybe a second snack of 100-150 calories.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    you're not eating enough
  • jsecret
    Options
    I think you may be consuming too little calories. Remember if you eat too little your body will go into starvation mode and actually burn less calories. I would not wait as long between meals. Consider adding a snack with your morning coffee, something with a good bit of protein, and maybe a second snack of 100-150 calories.

My problem trying to add another snack is my work is so fast paced that I barely have time to even think of my coffee other than I need it to stay awake (teething baby = lack of sleep lol). This is also the reason my meals are so far spaced, the second shake is usually something i can grab and go with. Should I just try adding another shake somewhere along the day since they are only 180 calories but contain a good 10g of protein? I am making sure to hit 1000 calories minimum.
  • rstorm
    rstorm Posts: 2
    Options
    I would consider 1200 calories to be a daily minimum. A protein bar or another shake would do the trick for a snack.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Your not making that lifestyle change. That's a harsh diet. Your body needs real food. I don't mean to add to you busy day but if you cut up fruit and vegetable into zip locks, and measure raw nuts and seeds into snack bags. You will get more nutrients, iron, calcium and fiber from 1 table spoon of raw sunflower seeds. Plus you body will be able to use it because it is identified as a real food. Make the change slow but keep adding real whole foods into your diet and you will get a lifestyle change and you will get health and energy as a bonus. This site is fantastic for learning about nutrition. Best wishes and what a great start you've made.
  • jsecret
    Options
    I would consider 1200 calories to be a daily minimum. A protein bar or another shake would do the trick for a snack.

the last time I tried losing weight I quit due to frustration. I was eating 1200-1350 calories daily and wasn't losing after a couple months so I spoke to my dr who said to cut it down to 1000 calories. I began losing weight but very very slowly. She then said to cut it to 900 and I refused since I thought that was really hitting an unhealthy point despite her reassurances.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    your opening statement was "This is not a diet its a lifestyle". You need to make time to eat a real breakfast - a breakfast you will make part of your new life. An egg, oatmeal, some sort of fiber or protein cereal. I DO have protein shakes or bars but I use them as snacks when I don't feel I've had enough throughout the day.

I agree with the others. Make sure you're eating all your calories