Late Ingestion

Options
Is there a particular point in the evening after which one shouldn't ingest anything, including water? I just started this journey (trying to lose 35 lbs) around two weeks ago and am still trying to learn about fluctuating weight.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing and talking with people on here.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Nope, no cut off for food or fluids. Your body does not shut down at a certain time of the day (or night). It's an awesome machine that keeps going 24/7.

The best meal structure is the one that works for you. I prefer to eat late at night, so I save calories for that time. I eat very little for breakfast because I'm just not that hungry. Other people find that a large breakfast works for them. Some don't snack but some do.

Eat what works for you when it works for you. Congrats on getting started and good luck!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular point in the evening after which one shouldn't ingest anything, including water? I just started this journey (trying to lose 35 lbs) around two weeks ago and am still trying to learn about fluctuating weight.

Thanks. I look forward to hearing and talking with people on here.

No. Meal timing has no impact on weight loss or metabolic rate. All those myths about it are based on bad "science' or misunderstandings as to how the body works.