Sneaking around... have you?

Options
I admit it. I've been sneaking around at work. I've been stuck at my desk lately staring at a computer all day. So at my break I've been sneaking into empty areas and...

doing my Runtastic Squats and 6-pack abs apps.
I am trying to get it in wherever I can. I've even done my squat workout while hiding out in the bathroom. :blushing:

I do, do a workout once I get home if I get a chance but I feel I need to be doing more just in case I am not able to.

The reason I hide out is because I work in an office full of guys. I don't even want to begin to think about the flack I would get.

Do you sneak around at work or have any ideas of what else I can do while hiding out. at the office?

Replies

• JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day when no one is here sometimes I do jumping jacks at my desk :bigsmile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I have a door to my office. But I do try to shut it several times a day to some type of workout. If I'm primarily doing cardio after work, I'll do strength exercises (pushups, tricep dips, bridge, squats, inverted desk pull ups, etc.). If I'm doing strength in the evenings, I'll do low impact cardio.

It's really a good idea to do this. Recent research has shown that sitting for long periods of time can negatively affect health even if you exercise regularly.

I recently joined an MFP group called Deskercisers for people who like workout in the office. You can get some great ideas there and new members are welcome.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17206-deskercisers
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I recently joined an MFP group called Deskercisers for people who like workout in the office. You can get some great ideas there and new members are welcome.

Thanks. I totally joined :flowerforyou:
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    LOL this is totally me.

When I wear flats I squat randomly all over the office while no one is looking. I do wall pushups in the breakroom. I do walking lunges in the hallway. Whatever little things I can get away with!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Guilty! I do wall push ups and squats in the bathroom most days of the week and sneak outside at lunch to walk around the buildings :) Makes me feel a little better about sitting at a desk all day.
  • deego14
    deego14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My previous job was a desk job and I used to do jumping jack and lunge hops. lol
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    some good sneaking :) keep up it up pink panther <3:flowerforyou:
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I work at 2 different churches with multiple floors. I find incredibly random reasons to visit a different floor so that I can take the steps and, when I know I'm by myself, I walk laps around the sanctuary or march in place and do stretching, etc. in my office. Any excuse to get up and move!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't sneak because I can do skipping int he playground with the girls when I supervise their break times :) LOL

I do hide at the back of the garden to do my cool down stretches if I run after school though - not sure parents and students want to see my sweaty bum when I lean over ;) haha
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    ::while security sits at their desk snickering as they watch the batty lady doing squats at the water cooler:: lol
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I hide in the basement and do stairs on my lunchbreak. sometimes my coworkers come down and catch me. then they just stand there, watching. awkwaaaaaaarrrrrrrrd... (why I don't go to gyms)
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Do you have stairwells at work? I have gone on my coffee breaks quite often to do the stairs. I work on the 8th floor in my building so its a good workout doing stairs. I usually do about 30-40 floors total a day. At one point I had not taken the elevator for 8 straight months and racked up about 4100 flights of stairs in that period. It helps a lot getting a little extra burn in any way you can!!
  • jaimie120
    jaimie120 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link. I am going to join!

Yes I sneak around all the time, I have a door to my office but I also have a big main floor window.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    My coworkers and I used to do "piss-ups" 20 wall push ups every time we went to the restroom. If you're drinking lots of water then this can really get you doing a lot of wall push ups all day!!
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Guilty!!! I do walking/short YouTube workouts at my desk in the winter when we're slower at work (I'm a small animal veterinarian). There for awhile my coworkers thought I was nuts, but now one of my technicians is doing Krav Maga when she is bored. :)
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    My old office, we did situps in the morning on the hour, and in the afternoon we did pushups, everyone did them, if you had a meeting, you "owed" the office when you got back. got everyone involved and felt like they were doing "something" .

you can start at 10 every hour for a week then 15...20, etc.. and you can keep going .. might get the morale going.. and may not seem like much, but at the end of the typical day people did 40 situps and 40 pushups for the day, and it just went up from there.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I work at a storage facility, all by my lonesome. I totally bust out my yoga mat and do stuff (not as often as I SHOULD) ALso, the last manager left an ab circle pro, and his abs were mostly round soooo yeah
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    There are some great ideas here. I have done jumping jacks in the bathroom and push ups on the counter when I'm alone.

I'm totally in for new ideas. Thank you all!!!