5'8" Ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options
Another similar thread made me curious. I am 165 right now, have been as low as 120, as high as 173. I would LIKE to be between 135/140.

Replies

• oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is the same as yours, 135 (my pre-pregnancy weight). I started at 223 (in Jan) and am currently 149. Getting there!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My original goal was about 130/135; however, my goals have changed to body composition and not the scale. I probably won't get below 150 once I am done. It's ok - it will be all muscle :bigsmile:
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    My goal is 20% body fat.
  • Siobhan108
    Siobhan108 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'8:" but old enough to be you grandmother ( almost, my oldest is 26) and at your age I weighted 140 and I was happy. Today I would be happy to be healthy. My original goal was 170 (as was my doctors suggestion ) but I am thinking 160 would be ideal for my age and body. More important then the pounds I weigh is how I feel. I think when you are your age other things are a priority. Set your goal at the top of where you want to be, once you reach that you can always adjust with-out getting discouraged. Good Luck
  • Jesiena
    Jesiena Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 140/135 (around my pre-pregnancy weight). I"m currently 146 and it's been a battle to lose this.
  • cat2870
    Options
    Goal is less than 20% body fat. Scale weight does not matter.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'8" and my goal was picked at 150. If it goes a few pounds below that it'll be fine though. That's just my "line in the sand".
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for maintaining 135-140.
  • sarahinrichmond
    Options
    I am hoping to maintain at 145.
  • jaxxie2013
    jaxxie2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey there....i'm 5'8 too and i'm aiming for 145lb
  • Jaedh
    Jaedh Posts: 1
    Options
    My goal is also 135 lbs, which is what I weighed before marriage and children. It's where I look "just right."
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    when I was a tad younger I weighted in around 145 and looked relatively small. I don't recall my exact measurements but my favourite dress was a size 4/27 inch waistline according to their website fit guide.

Two babies later and my body composition is vastly different. I hope to get back around 140 but I will likely reevaluate once I get closer to my goal.
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" , and my goal weight is 125. I've been as low as 125, and as high as 170.
  • deego14
    deego14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've always been between 130-140 but I hold a lot of fat on my thighs and hips. I've gotten down to 127 but still my body wasn't looking how I wanted. I believe that weight has little to do with it. One could be 140 with extra fat or 140 of muscle.

I will know my goal when I see my body composition change. :)
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8' and I don't have a goal weight--I have a goal size. I think, to meet that goal size, 170-180 is where I'll be. At 54 years of age (as of next week) and 207 lbs, I wear 14-16 pants and an XL top (in general) and I'd like to just be a medium. I have no desire to be skinny, just healthy!
  • bflytilidy
    Options
    165. I'm currently 210, was 218. I lost weight a couple of years ago only to gain it back :-( I liked myself at 165 because it's something I think I can maintain. Plus, I look good as a size 10. I did make it down to 152 and it was hard to maintain for me as I am larger boned, plus boobs/butt were disappearing. I actually used to be 138 in high school, 118 in college (I know...) and approx. 125-145 before all hell broke loose and I started gaining like crazy. Good luck to everyone!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Also 20% body fat here. If I manage to hold on to every scrap of muscle, which is my goal and why I am losing weight so slowly I seem to be at a standstill, that'd be around 143.
  • saffron981
    saffron981 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 137 currently. I have a small frame, so I prefer to weigh 125-130. When I go below 125, I start to look unhealthy and just . . . not quite right--like my head doesn't fit my body.
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 175. When I was younger I hit 135 for a while and no one (including me) thought I looked healthy--I was gaunt and frazzled looking.

Honestly, I'll be happy with gaining muscle and losing body fat percentages, no matter what the scale ends up as. I'm tired of being weak, exhausted, and having my feet hurt all the time from lugging around this extra fat!
  • oconnomp
    oconnomp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and currently at 165. I've been as much as 180, and as low as 145 (back in college). My goal is 145, but every time I've lost weight (I'm terrible about gaining and losing the same 10 pounds) I seem to hit a wall at 150.

150 has looked like several different things on my body. When I was a dancer, 150 looked great - I had definition in my stomach, and a lot of muscle. Other times I've had a muffin top at 150. So it all depends on your body and muscle composition!