Is this right...my calories a day are 1200

Options
2»

Replies

• MandyinVB
    MandyinVB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am going to reset the goal to one pound a week. Right now its set to 1.5 pounds a week. I will see if that helps.
  • MandyinVB
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice!!!
  • MandyinVB
    Options
    mine was set to 1260 but I was also 250 when I started and needed to eat more than someone already smaller. I follow it to a t and it works great for me. Ive lost about 20 pounds so far.

Way to go!!!
  • thundrks
    thundrks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    All depends on where the calories come from .. if it's from Brussels Sprouts you can eat over 31 cups of them for less than 1200 calories... not that anyone would.. but just something to keep in mind. Not many people could eat 31 cups of ANYTHING in a day.. if the calories are coming from lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables.. 1200 calories in a bunch of food.. if it's coming from big mac meals.. you may find yourself hungry.
  • nickijhughes
    Options
    My personal experience with the 1200 calories is it didn't seem like a lot of food when I was eating the way that I "liked" to eat. But when I started getting better at shopping, preparing food I found it difficult to eat 1200 calories when I was eating an 80% alkaline/basic diet and only a 20% acidic diet and for the most part staying away from all the bread, dairy and sugar. You really don't need to restrict the food you eat at all if you try and stick to this as its all very good for you. You should see the mixing bowl of salad that I eat for lunch sometimes. People laugh at me.
    On the days I work out, just like everyone else, I get to eat more calories and thats when I may add a few more foods that fall under the "acidic" category (ie tropical fruits, glass of wine (or 2)).
    Good luck!
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    When I first started I was told to eat 1200 as well. But since I'm not going on a diet, but making a lifestyle change that didn't seem healthy.

My solution was to up my activity level and to lower my expectations for weekly weight loss. Right now I'm on a floating scale depending on my daily activity level, so between 1300ish and 1600ish.

Edit: You have the same weight loss goal as me! I'm Aiming at 45lbs as well.