Stronglifts 5x5

Hello,

Does anyone have a really good link explaining the Stronglifts program? Looking to change up my lifting routine.

Thanks!

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
  • Eowyn99
    Eowyn99 Posts: 26 Member
    I want to know too. ;-)
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

The website itself is probably the best place to start

Also many videos on YT by Mehdi about form if you just search StrongLifts
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member

Gee, really? Already started there...as you can see it pops up a lot of different sites. I was looking for something as a good resource, not for a negative response.
  • Amberlynnek

Thank you!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

Gee, really? Already started there...as you can see it pops up a lot of different sites. I was looking for something as a good resource, not for a negative response.

And what's the first site that comes up? The actual strong lifts website, and it's even the page that explains the program/workout. you only have to click once.

Would you like me to read it to you, too?

c'mon... you gotta make some effort here.

• Gee, really? Already started there...as you can see it pops up a lot of different sites. I was looking for something as a good resource, not for a negative response.

The very first site that pops up is the one that ClassickQC posted for you. Not sure how much more help you need . . .
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but I had never seen this before and I am ALWAYS getting asked stuff and now I can use this. It rocks! And it returns good results.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread.

To the OP...there is also a strong lifts women's group here, too...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

It was a HUGE help to me when I was starting out weightlifting with 5x5.

ETA: There are videos on youtube that he's done, also, for form and whatnot.
  • jacksonpt

I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but I had never seen this before and I am ALWAYS getting asked stuff and now I can use this. It rocks! And it returns good results.

As you can see, some people find it pretty condescending. In case you care...
  • Amberlynnek

Its unneccessary. But go ahead and continue because I could really care less for your attitude and what you have to say.
  • jacksonpt

Its unneccessary. But go ahead and continue because I could really care less for your attitude and what you have to say.

Don't assume bad information simply because of what you perceive to be a bad attitude. Whether or not you like me, what i say or how I say it has no impact on the validity of what I say.

And whether you like it or not, I pointed you to a website that is exactly what you're looking for - an explanation of and resource for the stronglifts 5x5 program.
  • Amberlynnek

Don't assume bad information simply because of what you perceive to be a bad attitude. Whether or not you like me, what i say or how I say it has no impact on the validity of what I say.

And whether you like it or not, I pointed you to a website that is exactly what you're looking for - an explanation of and resource for the stronglifts 5x5 program.

Your attitude destroys your credibility. Do not care to take your advice, do not care to bother, do not care to continue such a pointless conversation. done.

• :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Get a grip.

It was a funny response. The reason it was done is because there have been a billion posts asking about this exact same program.

Sure you did a Google search but you didn't take the time to research the sites that came up. Had you done that first you wouldn't have had to post the question here.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member

*giggles*

Should have thought of that one :laugh:

@OP, It's the StrongLifts website.. it should be more than enough to understand the program. If your problem is form then try Youtube as I linked.

There isn't much to understand with SL really... Squat, DL, OHP, Bench, BBrow, increase 5lbs each session and 10lbs on DL, the website even explains deloads and 3X5 if you can't up your lifts.
    It's quite simple.

If you register on the website you will get daily emails as well