Good ways to add protein to my diet?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm looking for some good foods / supplements to add protein to my diet. I know that meat is a good source of protein, (Chicken, beef, fish, etc), but I can't always afford / prepare meats for each meal during my day. I'm having a hard time finding protein rich foods to add to my diet that aren't just meats. Any help?

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Every morning right after my workout I have 8 oz of almond milk mixed with one scoop of Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder :smile: I ordered 3 jars online from walmart ( you get a discount if you get 3) I got Chocolate, Peanut butter n Chocolate and Vanilla....Vanilla is by far my fave!

Also greek yogurt is good for protien!!!
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Beans and eggs. I've taken to making a big pot of black beans, dividing it up into 1.5 cup packages, and adding it into whatever I'm making at the time (soup, rice dishes, whatever). Plus, beans are cheap as all get-out.
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, protein powders which can be pricy but easy and quick. Protein bars, Peanut butter, Some one gave me the name of this site that can give you some ideas "protein chef"
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of hard-boiled eggs (just the whites). Chia seeds can be added to a lot of different foods (I found some at Costco). Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt (just find a brand with lower sugar). Small tins of flavored tuna aren't too expensive and are easy to take with you.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Search... this topic has been covered zillions of times.

Bulk frozen chicken breast, tuna, eggs... all cheap and easy.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, protein bars, egg whites, cans of salmon or tuna..
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    If cost is the only consideration, chicken sausages and turkey dogs are protein-rich and cheap. I'm also a big fan of lentils.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for some good foods / supplements to add protein to my diet. I know that meat is a good source of protein, (Chicken, beef, fish, etc), but I can't always afford / prepare meats for each meal during my day. I'm having a hard time finding protein rich foods to add to my diet that aren't just meats. Any help?

Meat.
    Protein shakes.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    whey protein powder
    chobani fat free greek PLAIN yogurt
    eggs/egg whites
    add invisiwhey by twinlab to any dish for added 10g of protein
    beans (organic, low or no salt)
    tuna (chunk light)
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i don't like meat and don't eat much and ppl would always ask me where i get my protein! actually there are many foods that have proteins! like beans, tofu, chickpeas, egg, greek yogurt... i don't like protein shake tho. i like food that i can chew on lol. i tried the fake meat from trader joe's. it's not bad.
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    Protein shake, if you dont like that beef jerky is my go to
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    In terms of the cost per gram, soy or whey protein is probably the least expensive source of protein you can buy.
  • Cristlefir
    Cristlefir Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I used to buy whey protein but it's pretty pricey. I should invest in it again, since you don't need a lot per serving. Thanks for all the ideas!