I CAN DO THIS!!! LOSE WEIGHT BY MY WEDDING!!

Options
I guess I am very active with my one year old and two and half. I have been depressed lately but that is all about to change. I can't go on the computer all day and write down what I eat. I am going to try as much as I can. Life seems better without having the computer on while the girls are up. I am getting married in June and want to be 170 by then.i hope I can do this. I love food so I am going to try. And be very proud of myself when I succeed!!! I CAN DO THIS

Replies

• lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am also getting married next year (July 20th, 2014!) and still have about 30 lbs to go in my weightloss before I hit my goal of 150. I started at 204 pounds and I am down to 179. I will probably have to put losing on pause before I reach my goal to make sure that my dress fits as there is a point where they won't have time to alter it any more.

I love food too...so my suggestion. Clean up your diet. Get rid of the processed foods. (check out cleaneatingmagazine.com and thegraciouspantry.com for awesome advice and recipes!) No white carbs, or starches...100% whole wheat/grain only. Lots of fresh veggies, lean proteins, etc. You will be surprised how many of the old comfort foods you can make clean and healthy with new twists or substitutions (again the Gracious Pantry is AWESOME)! Right now I am trying to eat about an 80% clean diet saving 20% for days when we go on date night or out with friends/the occasional indulgence. Everyone needs an oreo every once in a while right? For the most part I am full and satisfied and happy with my meals, and truthfully really only find I am hungry and want more when I have given in to temptation for a non good for me snack or meal! I have found that since I have changed my diet...even if I don't get to track it during the day..because I am eating good for me foods and feel fuller longer I stay within my calorie goals when I add it all up at night.

Hard work and determination will get you to where you want to be...and congratulations!!!
  • Ania1302
    Ania1302 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello girls, I'm also getting married in June (the 14th) so thought I would join in the conversation. You've obviously lost a massive amount of weight lilly anexercised its admirable. Your post was so positive and confident. I feel like I'm giving in for the past few days but your post made me feel positive again.

I've started dieting on MFP exactly a month ago and it went great at first. I lost 7lbs within the first 3 weeks but now, for almost 2 weeks I lost nothing. I exercise 4 times a week, running 5k each time, I stay within my calorie allowance, so I just have no idea what's wrong. Last few days I felt down about it and caught myself nibbling on some chocolate and biscuits as I feel so disheartened that the diet stopped working.

I'm getting married in dubrovnik, it's going to be very hot and I want to be able to wear nice summery clothes. Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqb4gu0FWB1sp8qt3o1_500.gif
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You might not have to worry about the alterations timing too much. I had my final fitting about 5 days before my wedding and the alterations came through fine. Of course something went wrong...I wasn't able to wear the same undergarments due to a misbehaving puppy (and my own stupidity for leaving them out! At least it wasn't the dress!) so the fit was a little off anyway. My DDs only popped out once or twice! :blushing:

Anyway, good for you...leaving yourself plenty of time to loose weight healthily. That is a good goal. The hard part comes afterwards...keeping it off after marriage!
  • Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting married July 1st in Italy. So a lor of guests (friends) will see ny on the beech and by the pool. I also want nixe photos as we had an engagement shoot just after I proposed on holiday in Disney and I'm at ny biggest 14.4st

I'm currently 13.4st and want to be 10.8st(healthy bmi) by June 20th 2014

Current target is 12.7 by December 13th for ny office Christmas party and then a weekend away in London with my fiancée.

As for alterations, my fiancée is having her dress made (perks of working in a bridal shop) and measurements are being taken end of January. She's stressing as we both have work to do and doesn't want her Jan size to be her final. But there's nothing she can do. So will be very stressful when her dress is delivered.

Good luck all, roughly 7 months+ for us all!

Welcome to add me as a friend, starting T25 as soon as its delivered.
  • believeinfamily
    Options
    I am not doing a "diet". I think the only way it will work is doing a lifestyle change. I know I need to eat healthier than I am. I just had spinach that I have not had in really long time and omg it was so good. I don't like anything to do with fish and I know that would be very good for me. My man grew up on seafood and now we don't have it in the house. I feel bad for him but yuck! I have set my alarms on my phone and I am going to eat an apple for my snacks and eat my veggies for my meals and every once and a while I will eat the protein. I know that meat takes the body 7 or so days to process. I was also going to eat soups and v8 juice( well drink the juice) it is hard because EVERYTHING that you buy that is processed has soo much salt in it. I really want to start making my own soup. It would be healthier. I have been craving Italian wedding soup. That would be cool to make that. I wish I could do spicy foods because I know that would help me lose weight but since the first pregnancy I have had the WORST heartburn. I hope that if I lose this weight I won't have to take the heartburn pills. I would be so happy and my body would feel so good. I just am so tired through the day. I understand on this website I may not run I to alot of women who feel the same and in same situation but I really really want to lose this weight. Right now I am on the charts as obese and I thought I looked good. I am 28 and want to watch my kids grow up as long as possible. I also want to get a good weight not only for the wedding but I want to have another child. If I have one now I will get to depressed and that won't be good for me and my kids. Plus I wo t fit in my dress. Which I have already and it is gorgeous. $150. Omg I am excited about feeling better and stronger. WE CAN DO THIS!! WE WILL LOOK AWESOME FOR OUR WEDDINGS!!!!!! Sorry it is so long!!????