Rice...Is This The Devil Even When Its Brown??

Options
Hmmmm start off by saying the title of this post looks borderline racist at first glance hahahahah

But this is to ask you guys how everyone feels about white rice vs. brown rice. Do you guys stay away from rice completly or is brown rice the way to go if i want rice at all??

Iv heard mixed things regarding white rice so...your thoughts??

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm start off by saying the title of this post looks borderline racist at first glance hahahahah

But this is to ask you guys how everyone feels about white rice vs. brown rice. Do you guys stay away from rice completly or is brown rice the way to go if i want rice at all??

White rice is better tastewise and arguably nutritionally as well
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?

Simply weight loss? It's fine.. eat whatever you want, just keep your overall diet fairly balanced with a reasonable total calorie intake.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No food is the devil.

brown rice has slightly more nutritional value in RE to fiber and what not than white rice...white rice tastes better and is a better energy source IMHO
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm not a ricist. I eat both. I prefer the taste of brown, though.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Rice is good. Eat it in moderation. White or brown, doesn't matter. Yes there are differences and arguments can be made of why one is better for you than the other, but in moderation it just really isn't going to matter.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice because I don't like the texture of brown rice. I'm sure brown rice is better for you though, more vitamins and fibre.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I love rice. White rice. Brown rice is icky.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    No such thing as demon food both will be just fine.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    White. With butter and salt.

Eat allllll the toxins!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Once you go brown...
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    News flash: no food is the devil. Even when it is considered (GASP!!!) a carb.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm not a ricist. I eat both. I prefer the taste of brown, though.
    me too. ( good one!)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I can't cook brown rice. I fail at it SO hard. I burn it, every time. Or it ends up crunchy...sometimes both? I love white rice. It doesn't matter what rice you like, it's about the macros and your calorie limit. If you're in a calorie deficit you will lose weight :P
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I prefer more for a pre-ride carb load...it's a pretty close tie between white rice and a big *kitten* plate of pasta.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've never been a huge fan of white rice. I prefer the nutty flavor of a whole grain rice, and I try to eat high fiber, so that's what I always prepare at home. Except for sushi. I'm prefer white rice for sushi. But if I'm out and white is served, I eat it.

I have recently discovered black rice and like the taste of it as well, so I've been making it sometimes. Black doensn't work in all dishes because it tends to turn everything in the dish a purplish black. It doesn't affect the taste, but looks odd sometimes.

For nutritional value black would win, I think.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I prefer brown rice, I like the taste :laugh:

That said, I don't eat it often because of the carbs (I'm diabetic). I can have 2 slices of bread (Healthy Life) and get 3 times the fiber and less carbs.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Once you go brown...

... yeah, doesn't work with this one.

All I can think of are racist curry jokes.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There are so many different kinds of rice. White, brown, jasmine, basmati... does anyone know what the differences are as far as flavor and nutritional value? I prefer white rice over brown as far as flavor goes, and jasmine rice over all because I think it's magical (I can't cook rice if my life depended on it, but somehow I can make jasmine rice flawlessy every time).