Question about gym prices

Options
2»

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The cost of a membership will vary depending on what region you live in, and different gyms charge different rates.
    I know that Planet Fitness is supposed to be a cheaper rate, but hear that they don't offer classes or personal trainers.

The decision really depends on you getting your money's worth out of your gym membership. Visit and try out different gyms and compare not only prices, but what they offer and what is included in a membership. You may find one that is cheaper that you like, but if you base it soley on the price, you may lose money of you are not motivated to go and workout a few times a week.

I live in MD and my gym monthly gym membership is $39.98 a month. Included are a large assortment of group classes, machines and weights, as well as small group training classes and personal trainers for additional fees. I LOVE my gym and go EVERYDAY over my lunch hour, so I'm definately getting my money's worth.

In addition, (as I have shared with my husband who is not into fitness as I am), I consider my gym membership at type of health insurance and is not to be considered optional spending cash in our budget. I figure I'm spending about the same amount of money preventing health issues as he does in high blood pressure and other medications. Any personal training sessions I pay for, do come out of my "spending cash" as he chooses to spend his spending cash on video games.

Good Luck and I hope you find a gym that keeps you motivated and healthy!

^^^ I LOVE THIS! A type of health insurance not to be considered optional spending! I am using that!!