What you think happens vs. what actually happens (ladies)

http://aspoonfulofsuga.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/bulky-or-hot1.png

Lifting weights doesn't make you "bulky"
Bulky is from the fat you have covering your growing muscles when you lift weights

/rant

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    bulky-or-hot1.png?w=500&h=679

can my boobs get that nice too? :-D

IN for heavy lifting!
    One day.. I will start in earnest!
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    bulky-or-hot1.png

IN for heavy lifting!

haha, i think those are a very different process ;)
  • MireyGal76
    bulky-or-hot1.png?w=500&h=679

IN for heavy lifting!

haha, i think those are a very different process ;)

is it just me... or does the blonde on the right in the pink bottoms look like the "before" pic of the blonde on the left (pink bikini)

eta... damn on the different process thing
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Is this a "spot the bad airbrushing" competition? Or has no-one noticed that a shark has taken a great bite out of the waist of the woman on the right?
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    bulky-or-hot1.png

IN for heavy lifting!

See, the one on the left is LITERALLY what happens as soon as a woman picks up anything heavier than 5 pounds (that isn't her child, her purse, or whatever). See the body recognizes it is a dumbbell or barbell, and instantly builds POUNDS of muscle. Everyone knows estrogen is a stronger muscle builder than testosterone. Also, weights are magic, which is why guys take years to look like that, but for women it happens overnight.

Science!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Is this a "spot the bad airbrushing" competition? Or has no-one noticed that a shark has taken a great bite out of the waist of the woman on the right?

Yeah. I was thinking her waist was smaller than her head.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    bulky-or-hot1.png

Is the one on the left the gym teacher from Scary Movie, Miss Mann?
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    The two ladies on the right have much thinner arms than I'd imagine from lifting, so I don't know quite what's up with that. The one on the farthest right also has thin thighs to be a heavy lifter, imho.

I'm sure they do lift heavy, though. It's just not positively true that that's the biggest you'll get, depending on body type to start with. Good illustration, though... taking hyperbole into account ;)
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member

its her stance. if you view many female competitors it seems that way also but its the angle of the hips and the position of the legs that does that
  • MireyGal76

its her stance. if you view many female competitors it seems that way also but its the angle of the hips and the position of the legs that does that

exactly that... I can look really tiny from the side... but front on, really wide. If you twist a bit, it narrows your overall look.
    plus that model has super perky booty.. so that helps too!
  • japar
    japar Posts: 51 Member
    Why is that guy wearing a pink bikini and what's up with the hair?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    [exactly that... I can look really tiny from the side... but front on, really wide. If you twist a bit, it narrows your overall look.
    plus that model has super perky booty.. so that helps too!
    In 4 super perky booty.