the damn fluctuation

Options
aaaarrrgggghhh

two days ago wwhen we had our group weight in 94, today i felt good, actually like there is less of me around my *kitten*... 97! yes of course damn mind, i put on 3 kgs in two days right.

aaaaaaaa hate it. im gonna throw the scale away, im sayin that all the time, cause the measurments are making me happy. no then i go and weigh myself again...

id say im askin, is anyone else drivin themselfs crazy? :D cause its me, not the scale haha

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    natural body weight fluctuations are...well, natural. If you do not understand them then I suggest you not weigh yourself so often.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Not for the same reasons, but the scale is making me crazy for the simple fact that I haven't been able to see 174.9 which is my ultimate goal. I got to 175.8 one day, and have been fluctuating between 176-179 for 3 weeks. What a crappy time to hit a stall.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I feel it helps to sorta keep me in check.. I do tell myself that it's normal to go up and down throughout the week so I don't take much stock in day to day changes.. HOWEVER. I have been bouncing around 140-145 pounds for the last 5 MONTHS!!!!

I hate that! I just want to get to my goal of 130 and I don't know whats up. :(
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i uderstand that my weight goes up before my period. i understand that it can go up cause of soidum whatsoever and that there is no way, the way i am eating and all that id get 3kgs of fat on me in 2 days.

but it amazes me the way my mind.scale connections are. each time i feel like im thinner, the scale says it differently.

it can be cause my muscels are sore as f?ck from yesterdays workout and cause i drank like 4 L of water today... but its still funny.

i used to weight myself once month, i dont know why i did it today...the scale was just there sayin hop on me haha
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    uh i see a lot that the last 10 pounds are a *****. i still have ways to get there.... but i bet there will be many posts from me then haha
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I had gotten down to 133.4 in May (and hit my goal of 100 lbs lost in a little over a year) but I gained the 10 pounds back and have not been able to get back down. It is hellish.. :(
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I feel it helps to sorta keep me in check.. I do tell myself that it's normal to go up and down throughout the week so I don't take much stock in day to day changes.. HOWEVER. I have been bouncing around 140-145 pounds for the last 5 MONTHS!!!!

I hate that! I just want to get to my goal of 130 and I don't know whats up. :(

That's called maintaining. I've been maintaining for 6 months now and fluctuate between 180 - 185...on average I'm around 183 so basically 2-3 Lbs either way which is pretty much par for the course. By the by, I maintain very easily at this weight and about 19 - 20% BF. When I get down into the 170s and less BF, I have a much harder time maintaining that...the human body just doesn't want to be super lean...and the older you are the harder it is to remain "super lean"...that's why the charts show my BF% to be pretty high if I was a 22 year old...but as a 39 going on 40 year old it's perfectly acceptable and in the healthy range.

If you're on your last 10 lbs and already at a healthy BF% it's going to be very slow...you simply do not have the fat stores to have 1-2 Lb per week losses at this point...also, given your losses you require less calories now to maintain...thus the gap between your maintenance and diet calorie goal has shrunk substantially...with that shrinkage, your margin for error has shrunk as well. It is quite possible that you were basically getting away with estimation errors early on because your margin for error was more substantial...when you don't have a lot to lose, precision is a must as your margin for error is tiny.

You should really set your loss goal to about 1/2 Lb per week or so and make sure you're pretty much weighing and measuring everything. But really, this is a good time to focus on body re-comp and pay far less attention to some arbitrary scale number.