Experience with Yacon Syrup

Options
Recently, Dr. Oz featured Yacon Syrup as a possible weight loss tool. He did a brief (4 week) experiment and 14 of the women lost weight and an average of 1.9" from their waist during the trial. Has anyone tried using yacon syrup as a tool to help lose weight? What results have you experienced?

Anyone familiar with Yacon Syrup?

Replies

• katemoskal
    katemoskal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought some today and I'm going to try it! I'm dying to know if it works :)
  • aedgemon1
    aedgemon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how is this going for you? I just heard about this recently and considered trying it myself. Thanks!
  • katemoskal
    katemoskal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I actually just got the bottle in the mail today...it took a little while to get shipped out to me. It tastes a lot more like molasses than I thought it would. I'm going to be documenting what happens as far as weight loss in the next month while I take it 3x per day so I will keep you updated.

I'm already on a low carb diet that has been working, albeit very slowly. I'm hoping this will jump start weight loss for me. :)
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, Dr. Oz is pretty much a fraud. The trial was probably placebo :( but if it DOES work, all the best to you!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Recently, Dr. Oz featured Yacon Syrup as a possible weight loss tool. He did a brief (4 week) experiment and 14 of the women lost weight and an average of 1.9" from their waist during the trial. Has anyone tried using yacon syrup as a tool to help lose weight? What results have you experienced?

Anyone familiar with Yacon Syrup?

Sounds like a pretty well designed experiment
  • BraidedKitteness
    BraidedKitteness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I decided to try it out because of the benefits as far as bowel health goes. I have IBS and NOTHING has worked, water, fiber, eating healthy... just doesn't cut it. I'm one of those folks who stays stopped up for two weeks and then my body decides to explode out. I've been taking the Yacon Syrup for two weeks and have pooped every day for the last 8 days. This may sound silly, but I'm ESTATIC about this. Now If I lose weight too, that would be wonderful. We shall see. As far as taste goes, I think it tastes a little like really sweet apples. I'll keep you posted if I end up losing weight too!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Recently, Dr. Oz featured

That's all I need to know to determine it is probably completely useless for anything except making your wallet lighter. Dude is a total quack and will promote anything for a quick buck.
  • leslieanncreed
    Options
    Anyone have any experience after trying for a few weeks/ months
  • leslieanncreed
    Options
    Anyone have any experience after trying for a few weeks/ months
  • savageporcupine
    savageporcupine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought some and just started taking it. It says on the bottle to take 1 teaspoon per day, not one tablespoon per meal. If you take three tablespoons per day then the 8 ounce bottle for $18 will last less than one week. It is not sweet. It doesn't really work as a sweetener. If you use this in place of a sweetener you might lose weight if it gets you used to eating non-sweet foods (therefore get off of sugar). I will keep you posted although I bought 2 bottles to try since the bottles are so small, and right now feel that I may send one back.
  • rickymeyers1
    Options
    Hey, any progress on the weight loss journey w/yacon syrup? You have me curious, too.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I can't help but keep seeing "Bacon syrup"
  • zipperfall
    zipperfall Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just bought some today. My supplies should last me two weeks and I'll be sure to check back in with my results. Has anyone else come to a conclusion after trying this?
  • jcoleman911
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

This is my first time using Yacon Syrup, I've been using it for 8 days and I've already lost 4 pounds with no change to my diet... I found out about it on www.pureyaconsyrupreview.com
  • arnurse
    arnurse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started using it yesterday. My bottle says to take 1 teaspoon three times a day. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with this.