Horrible experience in the gym yesterday...

Options
Yesterday, I had this typical horrible experience in the gym, I'm not sure if I should keep going there. They were playing loud old pop remix music mixed to rap over the gym speakers, and watching some Basketball game I wasn't interested in on the TVs!! But I had my headphones so I listened to my Pandora station, and had to turn it up loud to block out the gym sound. Guys were all over the benches resting in between sets with weights on the ground not the racks! There were several groups taking up all the benches, one with 3 guys taking turns on the bench so I couldn't even use them, with plates everywhere and they talked to each other while only one of them was lifting! Then, the smaller group had the nerve to point at their bench with a questioning look, so they were probably harassing me because I wasn't lifting, right!?! Luckily, I was not doing push muscles today, and I shook my head no and smiled and waved at them and left that area.

Then, just as I was going to the weighted row machine, this guy sits down on it, puts his stuff around the equipment and starts doing sets and grunting! The nerve of him, I had just walked in that direction too! So, when he was done with his set I asked if I could work in. He said sure, moved some of his crappy stuff over and helped me put my weights on. Then when I was done with my set, I helped put his weights on. This went on for almost 10 minutes, helping put his weights back on after each of my sets, him helping put my weights on! And when he was done he said "I'm done, nice to meet you, my name is RJ". What a jerk. Then I FINALLY had the rowing station to myself, but by then I only had one more set left, so didn't really need it for myself! I probably should have just left the area and reported all those guys.

Replies

• helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Huh? Are you being sarcastic?

So you're saying there were these horrible men going about their business and they noticed you and offered a bench to you.

Then another guy was cool enough to let you work in on a machine while he and you helped each other change out weights.

Sounds like a good time was had by all.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

So you're saying there were these horrible men going about their business and they noticed you and offered a bench to you.

Then another guy was cool enough to let you work in on a machine while he and you helped each other change out weights.

I'm pretty sure it's a piss-take of another thread that's been around the boards the past few days. That one was similar, and serious.
  • Levesque_7
    Options

I'm pretty sure it's a piss-take of another thread that's been around the boards the past few days. That one was similar, and serious.

Sounds just like the thread from the other day...yawn :yawn:
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

I saw that other thread too still not 100% sure. But I guess you're right :)
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    sounds like...

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpeg
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Clearly this is unacceptable. You need to bring pepper spray next time, spray everyone in the gym, then talk to management about how you were almost assaulted. Then quit, build a gym in your apartment, and never lift heavy again. Don't want to get bulky!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Clearly this is unacceptable. You need to bring pepper spray next time, spray everyone in the gym, then talk to management about how you were almost assaulted. Then quit, build a gym in your apartment, and never lift heavy again. Don't want to get bulky!

LOL! THIS!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

Naw, I couldn't be sarcastic could I? ;) Yeah, just kind of illustrating how if that girl with a similar post had actually asked to work in, it could have all turned out differently...I see this all the time and if you just work in with people, they are friendly, everyone has different tastes in music, so bring your own, and everything is fine, probably nobody is even thinking about/judging you, and even if they are, they arent saying what you think most probably, its almost all dialogue in your head.
  • DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Haha absolutely brilliant!
  • anaisbutterfly7
    anaisbutterfly7 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OP, you could have read the other thread and posted there instead of making this passive agressive one.

Seems mean spirited.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    OP, you could have read the other thread and posted there instead of making this passive agressive one.

Seems mean spirited.

Hmm, well I could have posted this there, and I almost did, but then I felt it needed to be a separate topic for a good "alternate" effect, that mine would get lost in the chaos of two people fighting, "bring your weapons", funny gifs and "report it to the manager" hypersensitivity. Plus if I did, then I wouldn't have gotten your bunny pic in my thread.

So yeah, again...its all about the internal dialogue in your head, what you think the other person thinks probably isn't even true and complaining to the staff without asking, that's what is passive aggressive.

Maybe I just misinterpreted your intent here too and you were just trying to illustrate my point on purpose?! :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.