An unusual start and looking for friends

Options
Hello everyone!
I'm a female 27 year old graduate student. Like a lot of people here, I have always been large, but as of late it is really too large (230!). I'm in this for the long haul... which may be some time! I said "an unusual start" in my topic, so here's one you probably haven't heard before:
In early July, I went in for major orthognathic surgery. As a result of the surgery, the bones of my upper and lower jaws aren't just broken but missing in many places and being held together with screws as new bone fills in. This means that I am on a liquid-only diet for 8 weeks :sad: . Frankly, it is no fun at all, but I am losing weight since there's no junk food for me to always be snacking. My surgeon said "Don't worry, everyone loses some weight and gains it back as soon as they're back on solid food." Well, I don't want to gain it back! Which leads me to this wonderful website! I still won't be on solid foods for a while yet, but I have become the Queen of the Food Processor.
This has really taught me how much I used to use food as an emotional comfort. Be my anti-food and friend me :smile:

Replies

• Paddyrabbit
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to make the link! You certainly are in an unusual predicament. I am hoping that we will be able to support one another!