Les Mills Pump (Beachbody)

Options
Has anyone tried this beachbody program? If so how did you like it & what were your results?

Thanks

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    bump - because I really want to try this one and would like to know!
  • robbrown3
    robbrown3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a beachbody coach, but don't let that take away from my opinion.

A little background of me. I was introduced to at-home workouts with P90X and enjoyed it. Got results I wanted and was very happy with it. I was limited in what I could do though, didn't own a set of dumbbells that allowed me to do all the workouts, didn't wanna buy a bunch of equipment, etc. So I turned to Insanity. Quickly I realized that I simply wanted to lift weights (Maybe it's because I'm a guy and it made me feel better...who knows).

Then I started Les Mills BodyPump. Bought it from beachbody (of course) and I must say I love it. It's more challenging than I could ever imagine and its fun. Like most beachbody workouts, they have modifiers and try their best to tell you what weight to select to get a good workout. But where I love this the most is the instructors and the music. Those two keep me going.

Instructors: They use a team of instructors, one focusing on each part of the workout. They talk you through the movements and motivate you throughout. Most importantly for me, they did the work with you. Unlike Tony Horton or Shaun T who do three reps and then scream at you, these guys and gals are working up a sweat and breathing heavy with me. Makes me feel like I'm in a class more than watching a DVD

Music: These aren't random beachbody tunes, but songs you know and sing a long. Whether I'm humming to Don't Stop the Music or Carwash, the songs keep me pumped and gives the workouts a party feel. There's an option to turn the music up and the trainers' voices down but I don't do that since I like to hear the trainers.

I still do these workouts roughly twice a week on top of my current routine and definitely recommend it to anyone.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I do body pump 4x a week.. Really fun.. Doing it tonite. 10 songs using 8 different muscle groups.. Start with the larger muscle
    groups down to the biceps.
    Funny the above person mentioned carwash as that is our instuctors favorite routine of all time.
    My favorite is Love Shack.
  • fullerbrickroad
    Options
    It's more of a cardio routine. The weights aren't really heavy enough to build muscle.
  • robbrown3
    robbrown3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's more of a cardio routine. The weights aren't really heavy enough to build muscle.

My quads would beg to differ haha

It depends on how much weight you use. I think the program is more about toning than building big large muscles. But I promise that at the end of every squat track, my legs are shaking and that's with just 30lbs on my bar. I do plan on buying more later down the road though.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Definately not true.. You burn far less than a cardio class and I see women using 2 large plates on each
    side and they are in great shape. I use Monster plates plus large for the larger muscles and that is tough.
    You also do push ups, Tricep push ups and planks in the class.