I am new here..... need help

Options
Hello,

I joined the group weeks ago but I have not been participating.... I am confused about losing weight and where to start...

For years I have read about nutrition and I know the basics but for the life of me I feel confused...

I know that one problem I have is that I eat too many simple carbs for ME and perhaps I have a gluten sensitivity ( I have suspected this for yrs)........

My energy is low and I need ( as we all do) to eat for health and energy and to lose weight...

Any help on where to start... and how to use this site.....

Thank you for any help.....

Cinthia.

P.S> I walk for exercise..but need to do more.. I have joined a gym but feel intimidated... I am over 50 and most gyms seem to have younger people...

Replies

• lindacliftonkarchner
    Options
    Hi Cinthia ~

I'm in the same boat as you! I need to do so much - I need to lose over 100 pounds, don't exercise like I should & get so overwhelmed! I don't have any answers - just empathy!! We recently found out that my husband is diabetic so I'm feeling desperate & worried about that too! Maybe we can be a support system for each other!!

The one thing that we are doing because of the diabetes is starting with counting carbs ~ my husband is only supposed to have about 180 carbs/day. I do the cooking so I'm trying to monitor all of the carb intake. It is overwhelming!

MFP helps w/ the calculating of the carbs & calories though. I am definitely seeing what I already knew - I eat too much & exercise too little! UGH!

Praying that you will find a balanced approach for your healthy lifestyle!

Linda
  • healthy4three
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! It's hard to make a change. But I know we'll all feel better when we're healthier!