Just signed up!

Hi all, my name is Kay.

I'm hoping "myfitnesspal" is the place for me. I plan on starting with it tomorrow. Friday may be a bad idea, but since I've never been able to make it through eating healthy on a Monday, I'm going to give it a go.

After starting an extreme low carb diet in January of 2012, I lost 70 pounds in a short amount of time. A year later, I have gained 70 + 10 more lbs. I've tried re-doing the low carb diet, but have lost my love for bacon, which was the centerpiece to my previous diet.

This time around, I'm hoping to follow a recommended diet of whole grains, vegetables, fruits, protein, and dairy. This is something I could stick with. I see it as lifestyle, not a diet.

I do have some questions...

My mind has been a little brainwashed with correlating carbs and the word bad. So....

*Should I eat carbs after lunch? I've heard to stay away from carbs at the dinner table.

*What types of whole grains do I buy? I have Ezekiel bread, which I love, but as far as other foods besides whole wheat bread, I have no clue.

*Is walking and running sufficient enough to lose weight? Do I need weight training? If so, what types of exercises do you recommend? I live in an apartment, so I cannot buy equipment & I cannot afford a gym membership.

*I'm having troubles figuring out healthy breakfast options. I'm trying to eliminate cereal as an option. I do not like eggs at all, unless they are used in baking. (Due to an overload on low carb diet).

* Is it possible to limit grocery shopping to under $40 a week? ($160 a month)

* Here is my grocery list. Is this good starting out? What should I add?

Apples, Bananas, Greek Yogurt (Dannon), Ezekiel Bread, Almond Milk, Lunch Meat, Broccoli, Carrots, Meats for dinner.

Replies

• Silvermist16
    Silvermist16 Posts: 34 Member
    Welcome. That is a lot of questions. I am pretty new too but have lost a few pounds so far.

I find portion control and cutting out a lot of the after supper snacks helps. Backing off of wine also helps.

I also have a chocolate and Oh Henry bar addiction. I am trying to cut that down too.

I eat carbs and I will never give them up. All in moderation.

Track everything. This is key.

Weight training is good, walking is good. Keep moving.