Lost 40 pounds in 3 months...healthy or unhealthy?

Options
2»

Replies

• tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You're probably fine. I lost 10 lbs in my first 30 days even though I had it set to 1 lb a week. It was probably some water weight. I'm also 5'7' and only going from 162 to 135 so I was astonished that I lost 10 lbs so quickly when I only have about 30 lbs to lose but mine has slowed down to 1 lb a week now so I'm not worried. As long as you feel OK, it's probably fine, just make sure you eat enough.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you've done it the right way. Way to go - enjoy it! You've done a lot of hard work to get where you are now!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If you aren't feeling any adverse effects, I doubt you have anything to worry about. However, from your original OP, it seems like you shy away from fat (forgive me if misunderstood). Fat is not your enemy and is, in fact, essential to your health. I love nut butters, fish, avocado, olive oil etc because they help me get healthy fats and they be delicious.
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you aren't feeling any adverse effects, I doubt you have anything to worry about. However, from your original OP, it seems like you shy away from fat (forgive me if misunderstood). Fat is not your enemy and is, in fact, essential to your health. I love nut butters, fish, avocado, olive oil etc because they help me get healthy fats and they be delicious.

Not all fat just bad fat if that makes sense. :)
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No, it not unhealthy. Most people just say 2 lbs a week max because that's more realistic. In the beginning I was consistently losing 3-4 lbs a week, if not more. Now that I'm down 50, I'm slowing down to 1-2.5 lbs/wk. Congrats on your loss.
  • ArisSarantakos
    ArisSarantakos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everyone looses weight faster or slower depending on the person's body... I have lost 44lbs in 2 months but I am also much larger than 267lbs... as long as your tracking your nutrition, you are eating enough, and getting enough vitamins... then its fine!!! Don't listen to everyone telling you losing more than 2lbs is unhealthy, that is poppy.... Ok I can see if you dropped 10-15lbs over 7-10 days then I would say something is off... but otherwise I think your doing great, lets do this!!