Late night eating....

Options
Ok, so I have a problem with eating late at night. I know this is not a healthy choice and is not helping my weight loss but I am frustrated as to how to stop! I have been doing it for years it has come to be a habit that I can't kick! And its not like a little snack ,it is a full meal. Now usually I try and justify it by stating "oh well I didn't eat breakfast or lunch or whatever" but I have come to the conclusion that these are just excuses. I try and not eat but I get so hungry that an apple just does not do it! Does anyone else have this problem that can offer some input or if anyone knows how to kick this horrible habit it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating late at night. I eat probably 60% of my calories after 8pm and well past midnight usually. As long as you're staying within your caloric goals/macro goals, enjoy!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    eat carrots. you will be full on less than 100cal.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat, or really what you eat, as long as you create a calorie deficit. People have lost weight eating nothing but Twinkies—the calorie deficit is what matters. People try to make this more complicated than it actually is. It's really, really, simple. I know it isn't necessarily easy, but it is simple.
  • mercurybubbles
    mercurybubbles Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use to eat late at night aswell. I kicked the habbit by making sure i dont skip meals and drinking plenty of water thru out the day. I agree with the person above that its not what u eat or when u eat it as long as u keep your calorie count. With that said making healthier food choices is still important because its should not only about weight loss but over all health in general. :smile: diabetes cholesterol etc. Etc.
  • AniaFi
    AniaFi Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey, I had the same problem- often during the day I was under my calorie goal but when the evening came I couldn´t resist having a huge meal and then, just before I went to bed, another one. I usually come home at around 6pm, so I eat dinner at around 7. I´m unable o make dinner my last meal of the day, especiałły that I excersise between 9 and 10 pm. So after a workout I jst feel I must eat something. I tried an apple but it wouldn´t work. There is a better option however - at least it works for me - a grapefruit. It has more calories than an apple and it does make you feel sated. What´s more, it boost your methabolism. There´s also another trick to avoid eating late at night - just go to bee earlier. Good luck!
  • mamadukes23
    mamadukes23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and opinions
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories at night, because I found that whether I ate a little or a lot during the day I still wanted to eat a lot at night. So my typical day is a protein shake within a couple hours of waking up (180 cals), a snack in the afternoon (200 calories +/-) and then I have about 1100 calories left for dinner and late night munching. It really is all about the total calories consumed, not when you eat them.