Strivv App, accuracy and motivation?

Options
Hello Everyone,

I have set myself a new challenge until the new year and get a new wave of motivation and I am looking into good idea that could help me.
Looking into the app that are compatible with MFP I discovered Strivv, do anyone else use it?
If so is it accurate? I walked from the bus station this morning and I was surprised that it was looking over 50 calories for that.

2 things come to my mind:
- first of all I was doing the same "usual" walks every day from the station and never added as exercise as it is only 10 min each way. If suddenly it is counted as exercise, should I feel like I am cheating as I am "earning" calories that I did not count before.
- on the other hand, could this app motivate me to walk more, for instance I was thinking of going for a 30min walk at lunch time which I never do.

Any experience and comments will be welcome on this app but also if you suddently started counting your everyday steps, how did you deal with the "usual" steps, the one that anyone would do, I feel that adding them as exercise is cheating (am I wrong?)

I was so surprised to see the 50 calories in my exercise diary (automatically sync) that I deleted the app, but now I am thinking I could use it as a "motivator"

Replies

• gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this app (looks like it's primarily iphone, and I'm android) but my first thought is to install it but use it 'unlinked' from MFP so that you can see the results of your movement, but not nec count it all as exercise. You could then manually add all of the exercise or a portion of it to MFP if you chose to. The only way to know if it'll work for you is to take it for a test drive for a few days esp if you think it'll be motivating. Go ahead and go for that extra walk! :)