after you lose weight shouldn't your calorie count change

Options
I was wondering after you lose weight your calorie count should change you will need to take in less calories will this site automatically update that? Or when you workout you will be burn less calories at a smaller weight does the site go by the first weight you programed in or does it figure it by the weight it says you are now just want to make sure I keep my calorie and burned off calorie count right

Replies

• girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    It seems that for some people the calorie count automatically updates when they "weigh in". Mine does not. I choose to update my goals with my new weight each time my weight changes. Sometimes it changes the calorie amount, sometimes it doesn't. I've seen many people who choose to update the goals at every 10 pounds lost. It will be up to you how you want to change them if the site doesn't do it automatically, but you are correct that you will need few calories as your weight goes down.
  • txtree50
    txtree50 Posts: 51
    Options
    I was also wondering about that. Good to know that it may change if you plug in another goal after you loose 10 pounds. Thanks.
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered that as well! I think its probably just best to change your goals once you've lost a few lbs. then change it as you go!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    MFP will ask if you'd like to adjust your calorie count about every 10 lbs.
  • luvstolose
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I just went to my goal page and updated it with my new weight and it changed my calorie intake for the day.
  • Gert08
    Options
    I have lost 13 and the site did not adjust my calories, what should I do? The goal page shows my current weight (with the 13lb lost).