Need guidance on planning Weight loss

Options
Hello everyone! :)
I need some advice on how to plan my daily exercises and calories intake for effective weight loss!
I tried loosing weight before (as mentioned on my profile page), and it brought major changes, however that was around 3-4 years ago before high school for obvious reasons.

Right now, I am at around 86.2 KG, with a height of 173 cm. My BMI is around 1848 Cals/day. I am 20 years old, and a Male human species o_o. I felt I needed to mention that, anyway moving on.
I plan to drop to around 72 or 75 KG least.

I have my own treadmill, bike and 3KG, 6KG dumbbells at home (some other equipments were given away couple of years ago from my home gym)

Hence should my daily Calories intake (Daily goal) be around 1600-1700 or slightly above my BMI for obvious reasons?
I am very new to My Fitness Pal (Joined yesterday and I must say I am very much impressed and motivated after reading alot of success stories from you all). I ticked for Sedimentary due to the fact I am spending my University holidays, and I am pretty much sitting in front of the PC, reading, watching television or driving. Hence, My Fitness Pal gave me a daily goal of 1200 Cal per day. On the other hand, after reading alot of posts from MFP's experienced members, I came to know that it's better to consume Calories closer to BMI or higher than BMI to loose weight effectively. Rather than going way below what's needed to maintain the body metabolic functions. I need someone here to enlighten me on this matter, please :)

Just for reference;

Normally I schedule my exercises like this:

I run on the treadmill at 8.0 speed solid for 3km (Which is 24 minutes according to it). I plan to do it once a day for seven days every week. Sometimes may go for twice a day depending on the situation.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    "My Fitness Pal gave me a daily goal of 1200 Cal per day. On the other hand, after reading alot of posts from MFP's experienced members, I came to know that it's better to consume Calories closer to BMI or higher than BMI to loose weight effectively. Rather than going way below what's needed to maintain the body metabolic functions. I need someone here to enlighten me on this matter, please :) "

I wouldn't confuse anyone's time spent here or post count with knowledge, necessarily. Consuming more calories is slower which might be more effective for you or might be just slower. Either way, if you're eating 1200 or over, you're not going below what's needed to maintain metabolic functions, assuming your body fat percent isn't tiny and at 190 lbs. and 5'8"ish, it shouldn't be.
  • ixmardukxi
    Options
    I recommend using this website to create your plan:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/