How much weight loss should I target now?

Options
I have dropped around 5-6kgs so far.. I know my ticker shows less as i joined mfp much later..

Now I am in the healthy weight category according to world standard and overweight in India standard.

I am 5ft tall and my current weight is 55kgs.

I walk about 30-60 mins daily.. take the stairs as much as I can and doing the 30DS. I have a desk job and that too a hectic one.. This is the most exercise I can squeeze in.

I am eating around 1200 calories daily.

Havent lost much weight in the last few weeks and I am still not giving up yet as I know I am not that consistent with my routine and weightloss is going to be slow now.

My question is, what is rate of weightloss can I expect now? Initially when I was 61kgs I was dropping 1kg per week.. Definitely do not expect that now but how much can I expect with my lifestyle?

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Your workouts look right on target. But looking at your diary, it looks like the carb intake is high. Aim for 40/40/20 (carb,protein,fat) and calculate your TDEE ( http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ )and subtract 15-20% for getting your daily intake.

Also, since you are petite and close to your goal weight, aim to lose 1/2 kg per week or less.

And if you want even faster loss, decrease carbs to around 50 gms, increase protein and fat accordingly and see how your body does.

Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your workouts look right on target. But looking at your diary, it looks like the carb intake is high. Aim for 40/40/20 (carb,protein,fat) and calculate your TDEE ( http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ )and subtract 15-20% for getting your daily intake.

Also, since you are petite and close to your goal weight, aim to lose 1/2 kg per week or less.

And if you want even faster loss, decrease carbs to around 50 gms, increase protein and fat accordingly and see how your body does.

Good luck!

I agree that increasing will help. But more so, make sure you have a food scale so you are accurately tracking. With little weight to lose, 15% cut or 1/2 lb per week is ideal.

Also, i would recommend dropping some of the walking and start weight training. And no 30DS is not really weight training as you don't lift more than a purse in weight. Weight training can help with muscle retention.

And last, dropping carbs to 50gs will NOT increase fat loss, only reduce glycogen storage/water storage.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.. I am planning to push myself to the office gym from monday to get some strength training if I can.. fingers crossed.. difficult for me to lessen carbs as I live as paying guest and we served typical indian food.. which is super high in carbs.. still I try my best
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You are eating good!!... make sure you eat all the calories you burned..if your daily calories is 1200 calories and you worked out extra 500 calories..make sure you eat those 500 calories..else your body will stop the metabolism..
    Also avoid eating late nights and reduce carbs during nights...have fish if you can......
    I noticed if I eat everything during weekends all my work is waste...so make sure you dont do that mistake..
    You will soon reach your target.....stick to the plan and good luck
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    To fiddle with your ticker, go to Apps > Ticker, then click the "Update your weight data" so you can put it where you were when you started before MFP. That's what I did. :)

You're doing pretty awesome from what I see!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You are eating good!!... make sure you eat all the calories you burned..if your daily calories is 1200 calories and you worked out extra 500 calories..make sure you eat those 500 calories..else your body will stop the metabolism..
    Also avoid eating late nights and reduce carbs during nights...have fish if you can......
    I noticed if I eat everything during weekends all my work is waste...so make sure you dont do that mistake..
    You will soon reach your target.....stick to the plan and good luck

The only way your body stops metabolizing is if you are dead. If you aren't metabolizing food, your metabolism runs your bodies organs. Also, you can eat whenever and how often you like, it won't affect weight loss. Carb timing also has NO baring on weight loss.
  • Archanasatyam
    Archanasatyam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    so many opinions.. !!! lol.. good luck to u solanki