Back to MFP after Weight Watchers

Coming back to MFP after a pretty successful 6 months at WW. Lost 25 pounds. It got expensive so I'm back to MFP. Really have a goal of getting under 200 pounds by February 7th. We are going to Disney for a few days and want to feel great for the trip.

Looking forward to finding new friends here. Many of my friends from a couple years ago are gone. So here goes.

Replies

• jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss and Welcome Back! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Confidence63
    Confidence63 Posts: 2 Member
    I loved WW lost 35lbs the first time around with it. It sure does get pricey. I also love MFP! Good luck with your goal!! :)
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Ive been wanting to go the opposite route as you....ive been really contemplating on going back to Weight Watchers. For some reason I have waaaaay more motivation doing WW, but of course the only thing stopping me is the $$. And yes, i know its the same concept as MFP; basically counting calories, but for some reason WW works better for me.

Either way, enough about me and lets focus on you! Congratulations on your loss!!! Good luck on this journey :smile:
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Welcome back! I am happy you had success. Feel free to add me for support. I know this site has been so helpful to me. Tara
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Welcome back to MFP!!!!
    Congrats on your recent loss :)
    Feel free to add me
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 448 Member
    That is awesome! You can still do the WW program just not go and pay for it. :smile: Also, there was a thread on here before that told how you could make mfp work with ww points.

This was the title:TOPIC: How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP! and it was started December 17, 2012.

Here is what the person put:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************
    Many people ask about this and very few people know this is possible. YES you can track your Weight Watchers point in your MFP diary.

First off, you need to use the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you don't have it, download it for free - You won't be sorry.

Second - You will need to install a script into Firefox (like a plug-in) that will display the points in your food diary.
    Here is the link: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949

It can be used for both the old and new points systems.
    Here are more instructions about getting it setup: http://userscripts.org/about/installing

I've been using this since March and I absolutely LOVE it. It is like using the WW E tools except for free
    *****************************************************************************************************************************************

Hope this helps you. :smile:
  • jaxxie2013
    jaxxie2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi there,

Did WW 2 years ago...and lost over 35lbs ....just started here.....please feel free to add me

cheers
  • Ive been wanting to go the opposite route as you....ive been really contemplating on going back to Weight Watchers. For some reason I have waaaaay more motivation doing WW, but of course the only thing stopping me is the $$. And yes, i know its the same concept as MFP; basically counting calories, but for some reason WW works better for me.

Either way, enough about me and lets focus on you! Congratulations on your loss!!! Good luck on this journey :smile:

same for me, I'm always doing well with the WW program. I find it to be really motivating. I use both sites to keep track and it works good. I wanted to leave WW before and i did b/c it started getting pricey but then I realized that it's working for me aren't I work the 42 bucks per month? I found other things to get rid of to afford me keeping it. both WW and MFP are great tools to have either of
  • I had better luck with MFP then WW! Welcome back!
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    I did WW too back in 2011. I lost 60 lbs in 60 months but gained it all back with my pregnancy. I lost it again with MFP, it was slower than WW but i dont feel as hungry as I did with WW and i feel more healthy doing it this way
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Welcome back and also from Omaha if you want to add me.
  • kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    I did weight watchers online and didn't really like it and it was a bit expensive...I really like MFP. feel free to add me, i'm pretty active on here and my diary is open to everyone.
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    :smile:

So many kind words. Thanks for the support!
  • jewel6129
    jewel6129 Posts: 36 Member
    That is awesome! You can still do the WW program just not go and pay for it. :smile: Also, there was a thread on here before that told how you could make mfp work with ww points.

This was the title:TOPIC: How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP! and it was started December 17, 2012.

Here is what the person put:

Many people ask about this and very few people know this is possible. YES you can track your Weight Watchers point in your MFP diary.

First off, you need to use the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you don't have it, download it for free - You won't be sorry.

Second - You will need to install a script into Firefox (like a plug-in) that will display the points in your food diary.
    Here is the link: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949

It can be used for both the old and new points systems.
    Here are more instructions about getting it setup: http://userscripts.org/about/installing

I've been using this since March and I absolutely LOVE it. It is like using the WW E tools except for free

Hope this helps you. :smile:

Interesting, thanks!