NSV~The weight of it all

Options
Want some encouragement? Go pick up something that weighs as much as you have lost and try to carry it for awhile!

I thought of this the first time I picked up a bag of water softener salt after losing 40lbs and it really got me.....duh no wonder I felt like such crap I was carrying that much weight around 24/7. I am at a total of 50lbs now and never want to go back. Thank you MFP!!!!

Replies

• JimBarnhartMN
    JimBarnhartMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just had a NSV of having to adjust my ticker because I hit my original goal of 103 pounds lost, and adjusted now to 123 pounds as the goal.
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just had a NSV of having to adjust my ticker because I hit my original goal of 103 pounds lost, and adjusted now to 123 pounds as the goal.

What an amazing accomplishment!!! Way to go.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Want some encouragement? Go pick up something that weighs as much as you have lost and try to carry it for awhile!

I thought of this the first time I picked up a bag of water softener salt after losing 40lbs and it really got me.....duh no wonder I felt like such crap I was carrying that much weight around 24/7. I am at a total of 50lbs now and never want to go back. Thank you MFP!!!!

I had one of those the other day...i was lifting weights and my deadlift was 180lbs...that was 15lbs ago...holy crap how did I carry myself is what I wondered and to think in total I have lost 40lbs so yah a bag of water softener salt for me too...

Or put 40lbs of butter side by side.....
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Congrats on your loss!
  • bluebirds5
    Options

I had one of those the other day...i was lifting weights and my deadlift was 180lbs...that was 15lbs ago...holy crap how did I carry myself is what I wondered and to think in total I have lost 40lbs so yah a bag of water softener salt for me too...

That is awesome! You should feel great about what you have done :)

Or put 40lbs of butter side by side.....
  • bluebirds5
    Options
    Great idea! Congrats on your loss!

Thank you! :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I can't pick up what I've lost...need to start building muscles up soon but tbh I hate lifting, its boring.
  • MrsJuli4B
    MrsJuli4B Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One of my photos is me carrying a 15kg bag of dog food at around the time I had lost that amount. A real eye opener!

I would seriously recommend everyone tries this.

Now off to find a bag of water softener salt.......

Just remembered I've lost more than 40lbs.
  • bluebirds5
    Options
    I can't pick up what I've lost...need to start building muscles up soon but tbh I hate lifting, its boring.

How awesome is that!!!! Amazing accomplishment!
  • bluebirds5
    Options
    One of my photos is me carrying a 15kg bag of dog food at around the time I had lost that amount. A real eye opener!

I would seriously recommend everyone tries this.

Now off to find a bag of water softener salt.......

Just remembered I've lost more than 40lbs.

Yay!!!!!! this is great :)
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options

awesome problem
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Every time I buy dog food and lift that 40 pound bag, I smile and think, "Wow, I've lost more than 3 of these!!"
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do that with my workouts. I put on a 20 lbs weight vest which really is only about half the weight I have lost. It really feels good to be able to take it off after every work out. You really don't realize how much it is when it is coming off slowly.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Well I just lifted half of what I've lost and I wouldn't want to carry that around for long! I'm definitely going to try to find some heavy stuff and lift it all tomorrow. And so that explains why my bf keeps picking me up so often these days...because he can now!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Your post got me thinking about ways to visualize our losses

For those of you around the 40lb mark I found that these things that weight 40lbs:

a 15-foot canoe
    a 3-year-old child
    an average human leg
    a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
    five gallons of water

For 60lbs I found:

The average sized Husky
    240 sticks of butter
    3 of J-Lo's butt
    120 smurfs
    6 fat cats
    640 oreos
    3 spare tires
    7.5 human heads

Not sure these are 'facts' lol
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options

For those of you around the 40lb mark I found that these things that weight 40lbs:

a 15-foot canoe
    a 3-year-old child
    an average human leg
    five gallons of water

For 60lbs I found:

The average sized Husky
    240 sticks of butter
    3 of J-Lo's butt
    120 smurfs
    6 fat cats
    640 oreos
    3 spare tires
    7.5 human heads

LMAO J-Lo's butt!
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options

a 15-foot canoe
    a 3-year-old child
    an average human leg
    five gallons of water

For 60lbs I found:

The average sized Husky
    240 sticks of butter
    3 of J-Lo's butt
    120 smurfs
    6 fat cats
    640 oreos
    3 spare tires
    7.5 human heads

3 year old children weigh 40lbs? Haha my sister will be 3 next month and is 25-26lbs, low end of healthy weight for her age :P

Anyways... I have hit the 40lb mark before and messed up, I'm 12lb away from it again. I love holding my sister and thinking "Damn I've lost more then what she weighs!!"
  • bdelaney001
    Options
    When I hit the 50 lb mark I went to the grocery store and took a photo of me holding 5 10lb bags of potatoes. It was amazing to think I was carrying around that extra weight daily just a few months ago.
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You're right - it's all about putting things in perspective. MFP is only part of my journey (down about 50 lbs all together). Every now and again, one of my favorite things to do is pick up the kettle bells in Target in the amount that I've lost and walk with them down the aisle. It's like oh no WONDER my knees had hurt so much when I was this weight.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Tomorrow, I will pick up both of my sons. And my chihuahua!:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!