Woman Logic

Options
patfriendly
patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
Do women really feel more naked in bra and panty than bikini? Why?

schermafbeelding-2012-04-22-om-16-41-27.png

Replies

• Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    I don't understand it either.. meh.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I don't, unless my panties are a thong. Those are made to wear UNDER my clothes. I wouldn't wear a thong bikini.

To me, bra and panties cover up the same amount of skin as a bikini, so whatever.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Because society tells us:

Bikini = ok

Bra and Panties = OMG PUT CLOTHES ON SL*T

*shrug*
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    LOL good question!

I'm going to say because underwear is meant to be something more intimate and private that not everyone is supposed to see, whereas when a woman wears a bikini she WANTS to be seen.

But that doesn't really explain why women feel more naked in undies :ohwell: I personally don't feel a difference and am not embarrassed to be seen in my underwear.
  • Brazilll
    Options
    Perhaps its the material.

You should conduct a study, my friend.
  • n3verlettingmyselfgo
    Options
    Actually most girls i know would happily walk around in their underwear, in the changing rooms, they will stand their talking in their underwear :L I don't know, i mean, i have thought about this a lot. here's why i guess

*girl posts a picture of herself in a bikini* comments: "omg your body is perfect, you look amazing" "wow you look great"

*girl posts a picture of herself in underwear" comments: *wow you are such a slut* **kitten** *have some dignity"

LIKE WHAT THE HELL? when someone finds out the answer let me no to please?
  • HawtinPhoenix
    HawtinPhoenix Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Are we supposed to be coming up with oxymorons? Okay, I'll go.

Sensitive man
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    My bathing suits are usually more revealing than my underwear. I don't feel naked either way. But I wasn't raised in US/Canada, so I think that makes a difference, as toppless sunbathing, for example, is the norm where I'm from.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I think it's more about the material. Bikini's are usually a thicker material, whereas a lot of undergarments (particularly the panties) are thinner, and possibly see-through, or will be see-through once wet...? IDK just a thought LOL
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I've never heard a woman say that. But I have heard MFP mods say that as they've taken down pictures. :flowerforyou:
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, I think it's more about the material. Bikini's are usually a thicker material, whereas a lot of undergarments (particularly the panties) are thinner, and possibly see-through, or will be see-through once wet...? IDK just a thought LOL

Heh, see through once wet. :wink:
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It has a lot to do with situational context. If you're @ the beach or pool, you CHOSE to be in a bathing suit or bikini ... however, if someone walks in on you in your underwear, you probably weren't planning or expecting it.

I don't care either way, but I think that's probably why it's a problem.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what the difference is. Nudity isn't a big deal to me but society makes a big deal out of it. Living in Florida I probably see more nearly naked people walking around that colder places.
    I have worn bra and undies swimming when I didn't have a suit with me.
  • Brazilll
    Options
    My bathing suits are usually more revealing than my underwear. I don't feel naked either way. But I wasn't raised in US/Canada, so I think that makes a difference, as toppless sunbathing, for example, is the norm where I'm from.

I completely agree. In Brazil G-string bikinis/topless sunbathing are a common thing at beaches.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Do women really feel more naked in bra and panty than bikini? Why?

Yes. Because my *kitten* is covered in a bikini, as well as the tops of by breasts. A bra only covers nipple and below... and my thong well... only covers the front. :wink:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    It is more about the location/setting than the garment I think. Wearing sweatpants to a job interview instead of dress pants won't fly very well.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Those silly womenz, coming up with all these rules to oppress themselves. They so silly.

It would have absolutely nothing to do with the duplicity of societal expectations that demand women look like sex kittens but actually be modest virgins
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    mhah3wv
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    both, I'm in Florida so they are both the same. :)
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    both, I'm in Florida so they are both the same. :)

Yay me too! What part?