Pull-ups NSV

Options
navyrigger46
navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
One of the things I do in the weight room is pull-ups and dips on the machine, about a month ago I started doing dips without an offset weight, but pull-ups have always been tough and I'm still working with an 80 pound offset. Well, the other night I decided to see if I could do a legit pull-up form a dead hang. I was able to knock out three before dropping off the bar. I'm still pretty stoked about it because I think I could have done four.

Rigger

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    That must have been a wonderful feeling!
    Losing 50+ pounds means there is less to lift, hallelujah!

Congratulations!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling? Are you doing a wide grip, shoulder width grip, chin up grip? I read about alternating all of these into routines.

The other day I ripped off 5 chin ups, followed by 2 legit pull-ups, and a single legit pull-up in my last set.

3 weeks ago I could do 1 set of 1, and get 1/2 way up with the other 2 attempts.

I nearly did a cartwheel after my 5, 2, 1 I was so excited.
  • navyrigger46
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling? Are you doing a wide grip, shoulder width grip, chin up grip? I read about alternating all of these into routines.

The other day I ripped off 5 chin ups, followed by 2 legit pull-ups, and a single legit pull-up in my last set.

3 weeks ago I could do 1 set of 1, and get 1/2 way up with the other 2 attempts.

I nearly did a cartwheel after my 5, 2, 1 I was so excited.

I alternate between wide grip and close grip. My three were close grip. Glad I'm not the only one who gets ecstatic about pull-ups, sounds like you're doing pretty dang good yourself, Congrats.

Rigger
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have Mommy brain. I thought this was about potty training :grumble: .

*Ahem* congratulations!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Congrats buddy!

unassisted Pull-ups is one of my goals. I've been sorta following the nerdfitness guide for this.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/04/25/do-a-pull-up/

I need some more consistency to nail this but I'm getting there.
  • dianahoo
    dianahoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love this post. I've been working on trying to do a pull-up for two years now. I'm close, very close, but it's taking frustratingly long to get there. Happy to see someone else with the same goal who has managed to accomplish it. Many congrats!
  • navyrigger46
    Options
    Congrats buddy!

unassisted Pull-ups is one of my goals. I've been sorta following the nerdfitness guide for this.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/04/25/do-a-pull-up/

I need some more consistency to nail this but I'm getting there.

Looks like a pretty solid routine, that should get you there, good luck brother.

Rigger
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    That's awesome...congrats!!
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you. I decided recently that I will be able to of a real pull-up by 2015, and I'm so intimidated by that that I've typed 3015 about 4 times. You're inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!