Peanut butter and diabetes ??

Options
2»

Replies

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that interesting article. There's no one best way to lose weight, and with diabetes it's even more important to work with your physician to make sure that you're managing diabetes as well as reaching your weight goals. ~Lynn/Glucerna
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Type 1 here
    I LOVE Jiff & was a Jiff-only gal until my T1 dx. I still eat Jiff but I've expanded my use (and LOVE) to Almond Butters. Right now there's a jar of MaraNatha All Natural Roasted Almond Butter (AB) in my fridge. After I raved to friends about AB and another new-found love of PB2 which I was using PB2 in my morning Shakeology, one sent me this link:

http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/

Just thought I'd share it here as another point of view on butters and PB2. For me the article enlightened me to a few points important to me and offered Almond Butter options that won't separate. I'm sharing it here for this audience as yet another source of information - take away from it what you want.
    Cheers!!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know why my endocrinologist told me to quit eating peanut butter in relation to my diabetes? She never gave me a reason, just said that is one of the items I have to quit eating.
    Most PB is loaded with oils, and some with hydrogenated oils. Too much fat in the diet leads to insulin resistance. (google: Intramyocellular lipid)