Just getting started and need some friends

Options
BekaP89
BekaP89 Posts: 28 Member
I am just getting started on my journey to a healthier me. I started a week ago and lost 2 pounds so far but would like to lose a total of 50 by march, I don't have any friends that are going through what I am and need some support to make sure I stick to this. I am currently at 174 and my ideal weight is 125. I know I can lose this weight by march but its the part of actually doing it which makes it hard. If anyone wants to add me that would be awesome .

Replies

• Shreddingitnow
    Options
    Added :))
  • WorkingMomGetsFit
    WorkingMomGetsFit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Send me a request :-)
  • taximom99
    taximom99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Kelly_Girl
    Kelly_Girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Rap,
    I'm in the same boat too. About the same weight (will weigh myself tomorrow to make it official). I would like to lose some weight by March, haven't decided the goal, just want to do it. Would love some support.

I'm looking for folks that want to do some checking in with each other. I have a couple of goals for myself like having a menu plan for my work week done by a certain day. Shopping and cooking so I eat better and trying to meet a goal of working out a certain # of times a week and slowly build up from that.

Feel free to contact me.
    Kelly
  • patyeomans
    patyeomans Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started myself. I know how to eat healthy but I have never approached weight loss with any kind of support. In 2012 I lost 35 lbs. in four months by eating healthy, staying active and working out. Then on Oct 5, 2012, I fell off a curb and seriously injure my foot. I spent eight months in a cast and all of my activity came to a screeching halt. I had a long pity party sitting in my house eating junk food. I have gained back 50 lbs. and it just keeps adding up.
    I have determined to change my habits and take off the weight. I started a healthy eating plan last Monday and started using my fitness pal to track my progress. I had planned on going back to the gym today but now I have the flu.
    I could really use some support and encouragement too. My first week was a success I lost 3 lbs. My starting weight is 257 lbs. my goal is 175
  • acassanova
    acassanova Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! :)
  • sweating_sweet_tea
    Options
    Add ME!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    added
  • Crucifry
    Crucifry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    By all means add me! I'm on here a lot and would love to support you! Out of the gate however, I will say that a 50 lb loss by March is lofty...that's 6 weeks away...and 8 pounds a week isn't realistic. Or healthy. Take your time girl, do it right and you'll get there : )
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Add me! you have a great attitude for a starter as well, keep it up!
  • AlyssaGrace1113
    Options
    Add me, please! (:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi good luck with your goals. Feel free to add
  • likleylad
    likleylad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • melissaann009
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well, I'm looking to lose 40+
  • patyeomans
    patyeomans Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think you may be setting yourself up for failure by limiting your timeframe. 50 lbs. in two months is not reasonable that's five lbs. a week. I think it is healthier to set smaller goals on the way to your ultimate goal. If you lose just 10 lbs. each month you'll still be 20-25 lbs. lighter and 1/3 of the way there.
    I also need to lose 75 lbs.as well, I am 257, well 254 after my first week, and my goal is 175. I hope to do it this year. My first goal was to start a healthier eating plan, my goal this week is to eliminate diet coke and drink more water. I don't set my goals in lbs. but in actions.
    What is your goal for this week?