Cellulite - does it go away?!

Options
I have lost 25 pounds so far, and gone down several sizes in pants, but my thighs are still huge and...brace for it - cellulite happy.

Everyone says "You need to LIFT HEAVY." But honestly, Im not even sure of what that actually means. I do not have a gym membership, and it is not in the budget until january... so what can I do to smooth out this cellulite-mess without a gym membership?

I have a treadmill, an elliptical, and a stationary bike - and I definitely use them.
I have 2 little free-weight handheld bars that have plates I can add to them (up to 20 pounds for each hand)

I just want to see an improvement already... my waist slimmed out a lot, and my hips and thighs are still huge!

Replies

• fullerbrickroad
    Options
    Lift heavy means that the weight is high enough that you can only do 5-6 reps with the last one being difficult to complete.

Do you do squats, weighted lunges, etc?
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Sarie_Bronish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy means that the weight is high enough that you can only do 5-6 reps with the last one being difficult to complete.

Do you do squats, weighted lunges, etc?

I do squats and lunges both, I can start doing them with weights, what other exercises can I add my free weights to to help out?
    ETA: I just tried lunging with a 20 pound weight in EACH hand, so 40 pounds total and I was shakey at like 5th rep lol... that should work for now right? thats what im aimimg for?
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I still have some cellulite, but not near as much as I did before I was lifting regularly. I don't even lift what is considered "heavy" since I aim for 3 sets of 10-12 reps, but it is heavy enough that the last reps are tough. I also take a kickboxing bootcamp class which has helped way more than I expected.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    squats with weights should work
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    It doesn't ever totally go away unless you get unreasonably thin.I think this can be a good thing. I saw cellulite on the fittest woman (well, girl, I guess because she's about 20) in my CrossFit box and it was a game changer for me. I have never been more empowered about fitness than seeing even the fittest person I know has a tiny bit of cellulite.
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Options
    It doesn't ever totally go away unless you get unreasonably thin.I think this can be a good thing. I saw cellulite on the fittest woman (well, girl, I guess because she's about 20) in my CrossFit box and it was a game changer for me. I have never been more empowered about fitness than seeing even the fittest person I know has a tiny bit of cellulite.

a tiny bit would be fine but i have a lot....I dont want to hear that I will never be able to wear shorts, ya know?
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Most women have issue with LBM.

The more LBM you have, the less bodyfat you will have, and you lessen the chance for visible cellulite.

In order to increase LBM, you have to increase the amount of muscle you have, and decrease the amount of fat you have.

It is hard to build muscle on a cut, but if you are a beginner you can pull it off with ease, as long as your protein intake would prohibit catabolism, be high enough to support muscle growth. As a beginner you have the benefit of being able to add muscle while cutting (you cant go crazy with the cutting, but you can lose fat a build muscle), aim for a goal under 1lb a week and you should be able to put on muscle and lose fat.

If you can succeed at doing both of those, you will reach your goals faster then just attempting to diet, or just attempting to add muscle i.e. lifting weights
  • Sarie_Bronish
    Options
    Most women have issue with LBM.

The more LBM you have, the less bodyfat you will have, and you lessen the chance for visible cellulite.

In order to increase LBM, you have to increase the amount of muscle you have, and decrease the amount of fat you have.

It is hard to build muscle on a cut, but if you are a beginner you can pull it off with ease, as long as your protein intake would prohibit catabolism, be high enough to support muscle growth. As a beginner you have the benefit of being able to add muscle while cutting (you cant go crazy with the cutting, but you can lose fat a build muscle), aim for a goal under 1lb a week and you should be able to put on muscle and lose fat.

If you can succeed at doing both of those, you will reach your goals faster then just attempting to diet, or just attempting to add muscle i.e. lifting weights

So I am already losing 1lb a week or less, I didnt really want to go harder than that on weight loss. How much protein do you think I should intake a day? Yesterday I ate 124g of protein, it was mostly chicken, and fish. My diary is visable, can you help me? I just broke 200lbs I am 198 right now.