Im having so much trouble :c

Options
ok so im 20 years old, I have a very low self-esteem. im 5'7" and weight 210 pounds..i didn't always weight this much and I have that I have gained all this weight and now im having a lot of trouble losing it. first off I have no support or help from anyone, in fact I don't talk about it with anyone because no one takes it seriously. Second im pretty sure I have some emotional eating disorder.sometimes I eat for no reason...bored,sadness,or because im made at myself.and when I say mad at myself I mean im made about my weight..lately I have been trying extra hard more exercise and better for with smaller portions.but still no luck when I weighed myself :c this was very discouraging...so now im feeling down on-myself because when I thought I was doing good I did see any change. :c any advice?

Replies

• 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem loss wise this week. Thinking back maybe I didn't drink enough water... might be your problem too?
  • britt2093
    Options
    all I drink is water I rarely drink anything else
  • fullerbrickroad
    Options
    If you make your diary public, we might be able to give better advice.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    any advice?

Yes: eat less calories than your body burns, every day, until you reach your goal weight. Of course, the specifics of how you go about doing that can get really, really complicated and hard, but that is the basic principle behind successful weight loss — calories in vs. calories out, as it's commonly put.

Have you tried weighing your food and keeping a food journal?
  • britt2093
    Options
    I haven't been using the diary on here.i have just been writing in a note book I keep in my purse.its easier for me to do it that way because im not always able to get on here
  • fatfudgery
    Options
    How do you measure your food? How do you keep track of calories? How many calories do you eat in an average day?
  • britt2093
    Options
    I have small bowls and small plates that I use.and as far as counting calories I don't because I eat very little.
  • fullerbrickroad
    Options
    Start measuring your portions and count calories. Stick to the calorie target MFP gives you, and you will lose weight.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I have small bowls and small plates that I use.and as far as counting calories I don't because I eat very little.

How much to you estimate you are eating in a day?

It is difficult for us to help you, if you are not using the tools that MFP provides. The purpose of MFP is to provide those tools to make weight loss effective and safe.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I haven't been using the diary on here.i have just been writing in a note book I keep in my purse.its easier for me to do it that way because im not always able to get on here

Interesting. i find that writing it down is a lot harder. i cant't keep track of macros and micros that way. plus, now we can't help you a whole lot because we can see what you're eating. have you thought of entering in your planned meals the night before? do you plan your meals in advance? are you eating foods that will keep you fuller for longer? protein and fiber will help with hunger. i find that if i eat something like a donut, i want to keep on eating. but if i have a hard boiled egg and an apple, i'll be satisfied until dinner time.

i just read that you don't count calories... without an accurate log,, it's obvious that's why you're stuck... just because the dishes are small, doesn't mean you're necessarily eating the right amount of calories. i can fit a whole lot of peanut butter on a tiny plate. trust me. :wink:

You have got a lot of learning to do. good luck!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    to be blunt-you are eating-evidence your gaining weight and you said you are an emotional eater. Stop lying to yourself. Use the tools on MFP they help but YOU have to do the work. Start logging exactly what you are eating, weigh and measure your food. You sound very much like myself when I was your age telling myself the same thing. It took 50 yrs and nearly 300lbs before I quit thinking it was outside forces that were going to fix my weight. As alk says calories in vs calories out. Making healthy life choices- moderation in everything you eat, get moving-walk the block, take the stairs. Get help with your emotions if you need it.

It is possible but there is no magic bullet. Read some of the success stories on here. It is your choice if you want to get healthy, and your choice if you want to stay unhealthy. Weight loss is a journey just like life. you will have good days, bad days, weight gain when you follow your plan, weight loses when you don't follow your plan and vise versa. You just have to keep going, you'll only fail if you stop trying.
  • fatfudgery
    Options
    I have small bowls and small plates that I use.

Those are not measuring implements. Knowing exactly how much you're eating is the first step in taking control of your weight. Get a food scale, weigh your food and keep a food diary.
    and as far as counting calories I don't because I eat very little.

You can't eat very little calories AND not lose weight — it is a physical impossibility. You're also, by your own admission, an "emotional" eater. Quite simply, you're eating more calories than you think you are, so grab a food scale and weigh and log every single bit of food or drink that goes into your body. Only after you know what you're eating can you make the necessary changes to lose weight.