Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Green coffee thin??? anyone??

Has anyone tried this? Good results, negative or no change??

Replies

• DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Eat less, move more.

#NoFads
  • dumparump
    dumparump Posts: 50 Member
    Eat less, move more.

#NoFads

This. The most I take is amino acids for recovery from lifting. *shrug* there's rarely ever a shortcut to success.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Tried it. Got the runs and spent a great deal of time running to the bathroom. Lost some weight but it was all water and came back as soon as I had a glass of water. Seriously stupid idea. I think DR OZ is pushing worthless products. It was his show where I first saw it. Big waste of time and money.:mad: Move more & count your calories. It is a sure thing if you keep at it.:flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I have a friend who is currently participating in clinical trials with green coffee, so at least someone appears to be trying to see if it really works.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Dr. Oz was on a local radio show today and even he admitted that while green tea will help shed a few pounds the key to long term success involves a lifestyle change.
  • Thanks. I thought about it but wasn't sure. My body reacts to stuff quickly. Don't want the runs either. Hehe sorry you got that. Thanks again for input.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    I would just use caffeine if you are going to take the route of 'fat burners'.

As far as how much, typically if you would go to vitamin shoppe/gnc/vitamin world you can find 180-200mg caffeine pills for about 10 dollars. I dont take more than 2 a day, along with a really good multi, and that does the trick for me. My problem isn't so much that I am tired in the sense that I want to sleep, since I do labor, when I am on a cal deficit, I feel lethargic all day, and the caffeine gives me the extra boost I need.

200mgs of caffeine is about the same as a 16.9oz can of monster

I can't consciously recommend ephedrine to someone who isn't at an advanced level of dieting/working out/nutrition, but I can tell you that getting my calorie, and macronutrient intake dialed in, helped kickstart the engine. The ephedrine and caffeine was the icing on the cake.

But like I said.

These are final steps that you take when you have righted everything else, and made huge progress.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    The study that created this big buzz was very small, too small to be proof of anything, and of very short duration. Further, it was funded by the company that makes the green-coffee supplements.

Kinda tells you all you need to know, right?
  • How much caffeine in green coffee? Thank you!