Abs under belly fat--- help!

Options
Hey :)
So I've been working out for a while to get fit and (especially) to get a flat stomach/nice abs
I know my diet is right. I try to stay at a slight caloric deficit and keep my carbs low and lowest on the days I don't work out.. The usual.
I'm starting to see my abs form! But like when I suck in my stomach (they're almost perfect)
I need to find a way to get the belly fat to go away! I don't weigh that much (about 50-54kg) and my body fat (according to the scale) is like 18% (Idk, it's probably more, those things aren't accurate). Has any one had this "skinny fat" problem? How did you fix it? I'm so close to just forgetting about it.

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Getting ripped abs really takes a while and it sounds like you're on the right track. Diet is KEY so keep at it and DON'T GIVE UP! If you give up, all of your hard work will go out the window! I know it sucks but when it comes to your abs, have patience. You may have to tweak your diet even more but I do know that it takes a while for those abs to pop through so keep going!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1) you're making progress, that's good. Don't undervalue progress, regardless of how slow or small it may be.

2) Skinny-fat, bulky, toned, ripped, etc... they are all relative terms. If you don't like what you see in the mirror, figure out why.
    - more size/muscle = more calories and heavy lifting
    - more definition/tone = lower body fat %
    - smaller size = weight loss