NROL4W-Measurements Gain :-(

Options
Hi,

I'm more than halfway through stage 1 of NROL4W and this morning decided to take some measurements as I was curious. I measured under bust, waist and abdomen and they've all gone up by a cm or two!!! I'm so disheartened. I thought that the scale might go up but I expected a decrease on the measuring tape! This happen to anyone else? Any advice or words of wisdom?

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i completed the program in early september. im mad at myself to say that I 1- did not take measurements, and 2- screwed up with the diet often.

However, i did have amazing strength gains, and i took a before and after shot of my back- the difference was fantastic!!!

stick with it, and give it all you got. the difference will come
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    What I've learned is not to take measurements or weigh yourself in the middle of a stage. You're in stage 1 so you're putting your body into quite a shock with deadlifts & squats! Every time you lift heavy, your muscles retain water. That's why your measurements will be more & the scale will have a higher number. Finish the stage & take a rest week. Take your measurements a few days into the rest week. From what I experienced, I didn't have any weight loss in the first stage. I actually gained a quarter inch everywhere! Just finished stage 2 & I lost two pounds. Not to mention my strength gains are crazy compared to when I first started. You'll be amazed at what your body can do!
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks a mil for the replies chicas. Great words of wisdom there :smile:

I think I'm just going to wait a few weeks and then measure again after a week or so's rest. I measured the day after lifting so maybe I was holding water.
    I've been pretty good as regards calories in. Not eating as clean as I could but calories in are usually lower than calories out. I'm eating about 1700 a day and adding more for exercise calories. My weight has gone up a tiny bit which I was expecting but wasn't expecting the measurements to increase.