Hi Everyone. My name is Debbie.

debjem
debjem Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I am 46 years old and the Mother of 5. I have three boys and two girls. I only have one, she's 16, left at home, so I have decided that I now need to work on me. I put on weight with each of my children and did not take any off leaving me with about 150lbs to lose. Not sure how I let it go for so long and didn't realize how bad it was. I have recently noticed that my weight is beginning to effect my health so now I desperately need to change my lifestyle. I am motivated and know that I can do this with the support of friends who are facing the same challenges.

Replies

• Hello All, My name is Laura .

I am a newbie I'm excited to start my journey to getting my life back!!! It has been so long since I have been able to enjoy my life, my family, my husband and the actvities I love to do .. I like this site because of the support it offers and I'm hoping tomake some new friends along the way that would be the best. Good Luck to all and Nice meeting everyone----Laura
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    welcome
    I think as mothers we have a tendency to put everyone else first. But we can do this. this site is amazing and will offer you alot of encouragement and motivation. feel free to add me as a friend
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Hi Debbie! I'm Suzi & I have 5 kiddos, too! I've put myself on the back burner as well, as many of us mothers do - and now I'm looking at shedding 74 lbs. I just started this website Friday, and I'm already addicted!! It's fantastic for making us accountable! :) Good for you for making the decision to take care of you! If you'd like, add me as a friend - I'd love to cheer you on! :)
This discussion has been closed.