Your biggest challenge daily?

Options
For me, It's My Coworkers. They All Mean Well... But My Desk Is Located Centrally In The Office And Despite The Weight I've already Lost, Every Single Day Someone Brings In Some Sort Of "Treat" To Leave At My Desk. Cookies, Cupcakes, Donuts, Bread, Chips And Dip... You Get The Idea!! The Past Two Days Have Been A Whole Spread Of Cheeses, Crackers And Everything Else... I Haven't Had Any But Boy Has It Been Tough For A Food Junkie Like Me! I've Done Everything From Moving It To The Opposite End Of The Hallway, To Telling People I'm Getting Healthy Over The Past Month, But I Still Get Offered Something Daily!

What Is Your Daily Struggle? Getting Up Early To Exercise, Not Eating That Drive-Through Meal, Finding A Pair Of Jeans That Fits Right?! Share!

Replies

• andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Resist hunger after 7 pm.:sad:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Not drinking wine around 4pm!!!! Leads to drinking the entire bottle and binging!!!:sad:
  • karijoeide
    Options
    Afternoon cocktails while cooking supper....
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    deciding if the surf looks good enough to brave the pre summer waves.

my life is awesome.
  • sburns12066
    sburns12066 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge would be my friends. Our get togethers usually consist of dinner/cocktails. I have told them I am getting serious this time about dieting, and if we could try to incorporate some healthy activities like going on a walk or doing a 5k together, that would be a lot of help. Some have been very open to this and I have a friend I have been walking with a few times a week. Most still want to do the dinner and drinks though. It is hard because I have the mentality when I am at a restaurant that I need to "treat myself" for some reason. I am trying to overcome that and think I do not need the cheeseburger a salad would suffice, and that I would still have the fun of being with my friends. It is just having to change the way I think about food, it is hard because I love it so much, but the unhealthy foods do not love me!
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    there are two for me...
    firstly is resisting sweets after dinner... i have a massive sweet tooth.. i dont need to eat sweet during the day, but once i have my evening meal.. of my gosh.. it is difficult to resists
    second is my friends, who tell me to "eat more" and other things like this just because i dont always have a pile of potatoes for dinner or i can easily munch on a salad for lunch..
    but hey... its all about the choices we make
  • margherlong
    margherlong Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not drinking wine around 4pm!!!! Leads to drinking the entire bottle and binging!!!:sad:

SAME!! - also sometimes portion control.
  • Joanlife
    Options
    not eating the sweets my coworkers bring to work and not eating after 7pm. Or sometimes just putting food in my mouth and its like I forgot I should not be eating it...
  • lorarocks61
    lorarocks61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    not eating "junk" as I drive the 20 minute drive from the grocery on the way home from work.

or, if I don't stop at the grocery, not grazing on pb&j, chips, or whatever else I can find after I get home.
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When at work: it's getting in all my water. My coworkers already know I can't eat anything they bring.

Just me at home: sweet tooth like a monster!!
  • munny_p
    munny_p Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I work at Trader Joe's - enough said! Samples, tastings, holiday items right now. Oy.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When at work: it's getting in all my water. My coworkers already know I can't eat anything they bring.

Just me at home: sweet tooth like a monster!!

I am experiencing the exact opposite. When I am at home I tend to drink to little. At work it is no problem for me ><
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Convincee myself to workout everyday! Everyday is the same: I procrastinate it for as long as I can, then do it, feel great and ask myself why the hell didn't I do it earlier and swear I won't do the same tomorrow.
  • messakins
    messakins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge daily is resisting the urge to eat sweets. They're too good. :(
  • Dreaminggg
    Options
    My biggest challenge has to be late night eating. staying up late because of school and wanting a late night snack. or watching my family eat dinner an maybe adding a little extra that i know i shouldnt touch. entering the kitchen at home and staying away from all the snacks is quite a task lol.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is keeping my hands off the potato chips that are in the pantry. I should probably have my husband put them under lock and key; I wuv them :sad:

I will eat some as a treat now and then, but can't do that every day.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Not bingeing.
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Drinking water. I have good intentions but I just can't pull it off. A glass, yes. The 8-10 that I need. No. :(
  • domisgone
    domisgone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is my obsession with Sushi... Oh my, all you can eat sushi is horrible!

And drinking. My boyfriend enjoys drinking and when I am with him I'll have three or four beers!
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just keeping up the motivation to get out and exercise every day. I enjoy it once I'm doing it but getting out the door can take some mental persuasion; especially now it feels like the Arctic tundra outside.