Really all about the calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• epazia
    epazia Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started out there, but as I move along, I am learning more and have health issues besides weight I would like to improve so that goes beyond just calories
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    What did I change about my eating/life?

1. I weight and measure my food. I do my best to only eat 1 serving of something. I'd love to eat more cheese, but I only have 1/3 c (30g) in my salad/pasta.

2. I walk a lot. I spend most of my time at home and walk while watching Netflix.

3. I eat more fruit and veggies than I did 2 years ago and cut back on other foods.

The basic lesson is to eat less than you burn (a calorie deficit) to lose weight.
  • misskissmck
    misskissmck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been on so many diets you can't imagine. I am twent;y two pounds below my highest weight.....I remind myself of that when I get discouraged. I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I do allow myself an extra 400 calories per week. I eat whatever I want I just count it. If I restrict a food it suddently has power......you probably do feel better eating "clean". I just think that whatever you do to lose weight you need to do to keep it off. Or else it comes right back. Good luck.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want and that's why I've lost so much. I can't imagine not eating what I like anymore. Keep in mind, it's a lifestyle change. The calorie amount you eat now to lose weight will probably be close to the calorie amount you will eat later to maintain your weight... so, you have to develop good habits. If you're not willing to give up on junk forever, you have to learn to include it in your diet in moderation... so you might as well start now.

I hate being hungry though so 80% of what I eat are more filling calories, but I still treat myself to 200-300 calories of less healthy stuff every day. I just make sure to weigh everything so I stay under my calorie goal.